Little Brother

Jim DeLaney

Staff member
Got the new Veritas miniature rabbeting plane today. It's even smaller than I'd thought it'd be. Cute little feller, though - Here it is 'playing' with its bigger brothers:

Attachments

• mini plane.JPG
    mini plane.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 51
Jim:

I saw that in an Lee Valley email promotion recently. Is there a practical use for a plane of that size? Is it for touching up tenons?

I'm a neophyte neander, though I have successfully used my Bailey #5 as a poor mans jointer.

Cheers

Jim

Nice one Jim:thumb: I am still waiting on getting the medium sized brother. :D You already have the whole family and the relatives uncle aunty and all.:rofl::wave:

I saw the LV advert but wondered what it would be used for being so small, hows about a demo of its use.:dunno:

I saw that last week at the LV store. It is a cute little guy. It was razor sharp and had a neat little case. I could see slicing my fingers real easy with something that small. I just couldn't find any use other than hanging from a key chain for it. :eek::rofl:

Nice one Jim:thumb: I am still waiting on getting the medium sized brother. :D You already have the whole family and the relatives uncle aunty and all.:rofl::wave:

I saw the LV advert but wondered what it would be used for being so small, hows about a demo of its use.:dunno:

Rob,
Now that I have it, I really can't think of a really good use for it. It's just too danged small to be practical.

When I opened the box, my wife said "A tie bar? You don't wear neckties anymore."

Boy that is small, maybe for regular woodworking, it may not be of much use, but I bet some model or scale woodworkers would find it very useful :thumb: