Small Gloat

Don Orr

I was talking handsaws and sharpening at the Onrust worksite this summer and a guy I have known casually for a few years overheard me say I was looking for a saw vise. I have one from my FIL but is one really enough ? He said he had one he had never used that I could have. He has been dragging it around in his car for a few months and we finally were in the same place at the same time and I came home with this. It's in pretty good shape except for the clamp.

Attachments

• Sawvise1.jpg
    Sawvise1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Sawvise2.jpg
    Sawvise2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 38
Soon Tim, Soon

Can't complain about that a bit! Now do that iron some honor & put that sucker to use! :)

I have a few saws that need some TLC:thumb: I rescued a small Disston D8 this summer that had this wonderful painting on it. A cute little country scene. :eek::rofl: The etch was obvious on the other side and the medalion was clear. The woman had no idea what I was talking about when I showed her the nice Disston etch.:huh::dunno: I got it for $4. I scraped all the paint off and cleaned and sharpened it and it is a sweet user ! Guess I should have taken some pictures.:eek: Gotta watch for those hidden gems:thumb:

I have a few saws that need some TLC:thumb: I rescued a small Disston D8 this summer that had this wonderful painting on it. A cute little country scene. :eek::rofl: The etch was obvious on the other side and the medalion was clear. The woman had no idea what I was talking about when I showed her the nice Disston etch.:huh::dunno: I got it for $4. I scraped all the paint off and cleaned and sharpened it and it is a sweet user ! Guess I should have taken some pictures.:eek: Gotta watch for those hidden gems:thumb:

Don, PLEASE tell me that wasn't a THUMBHOLE D8! I'd cry if you got a thumbhole D8 for that kinda' money! I want one o' them... heck, I want TWELVe o' them... :)

No, Brent, not a thumbhole saw. I haven't figured the date out yet either.

And Tim, saws are just as bad as planes as an addiction, but not as expensive and easier to tune IMHO.:thumb: