Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please kill all of the political threads. (including this one, when you get a chance)

Please kill all of the political threads. (including this one, when you get a chance)

Please.

This is getting out of hand. The COC clearly states what is and isn't allowed, and I think we can now see the reason why they were setup that way in the first place.
    Last edited by Brent Dowell; 11-06-2009 at 05:24 AM.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    i AGREE...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Oh I agree too, but if one side of the debate is to be aired, then it is only fair play that the other side does too, I think the BOTH sides, or all three sides or how many sides you want, have no place here.

Stu
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I also agree that Politics should not be allowed. I did not see any SIDE presented until Stu took and exception and presented VERY political points of view to excite just what happened.

Stu sour grapes is very belittling for you. Why did you do this?

This just does not fit the Stu that I thought that I knew.

Paul
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

Our newly elected Moderator team seems to be absent or at least silent, since this started
    Jesus was a Woodworker

I'm here to run backups and make sure you all can continue to have great dialog. It's late (for me at least) and probably for our Mods as well. Lets all have some patience and let them have the opportunity to do what they volunteered to do as well as respect the opinion they choose to have.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gallian View Post
    I also agree that Politics should not be allowed. I did not see any SIDE presented until Stu took and exception and presented VERY political points of view to excite just what happened.

Stu sour grapes is very belittling for you. Why did you do this?

This just does not fit the Stu that I thought that I knew.

Paul
    With all due respect Paul, the fact that you did not see any "Side" shows the problem, I VERY MUCH see a "Side" in what Nancy posted, and I strongly disagree with it, in fact, I do not accept the author's premise.

It is not sour grapes, I'm illustrating the problem, by posting what I consider to be a very opposite point of view, on a similar subject.

My point was illustrate how we do NOT need this kind of discussion here on our woodworking forum.

Respectfully

Stu
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

When I worked in the bars years ago ( boy am I getting old thinking about when that was) there were only a couple of rules about conversations that were not allowed Politics and religion as they create too much debate as there are too many views on the subjects. I do appreciate all the banter that we share on this forum but it is Family wood working and it would be nice to get back to the task at hand. I mean look at this egg. First one!! ( sorry couldn't resist) Oh the room is starting to spin now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First egg 008.JPG  
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Or maybe tool wars?

"Yur brand of blurfl is complete garbage. If you really want a nice blurfl, you need to get Brand Z, It's the best!"

And that is one nice egg, Drew

Topic change:

Oh, I did get a new 1x30 HF belt sander delivered today and was able to sharpen an axe with the 120 grit belt and some green polishing compound to the point where I was able to shave hairs off my forearm... Can't wait to get the really good belts from Lee Valley so I can go to town on all of the kitchen knives...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    ...............Oh, I did get a new 1x30 HF belt sander delivered today and was able to sharpen an axe with the 120 grit belt and some green polishing compound to the point where I was able to shave hairs off my forearm... Can't wait to get the really good belts from Lee Valley so I can go to town on all of the kitchen knives...
    or turning tools
    William Arthur Ward