Please kill all of the political threads. (including this one, when you get a chance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Please. :doh:

This is getting out of hand. The COC clearly states what is and isn't allowed, and I think we can now see the reason why they were setup that way in the first place.

Last edited:
Oh I agree too, but if one side of the debate is to be aired, then it is only fair play that the other side does too, I think the BOTH sides, or all three sides or how many sides you want, have no place here.

Stu

I also agree that Politics should not be allowed. I did not see any SIDE presented until Stu took and exception and presented VERY political points of view to excite just what happened.

Stu sour grapes is very belittling for you. Why did you do this?

This just does not fit the Stu that I thought that I knew.

Paul

I'm here to run backups and make sure you all can continue to have great dialog. It's late (for me at least) and probably for our Mods as well. Lets all have some patience and let them have the opportunity to do what they volunteered to do as well as respect the opinion they choose to have. :wave:

I also agree that Politics should not be allowed. I did not see any SIDE presented until Stu took and exception and presented VERY political points of view to excite just what happened.

Stu sour grapes is very belittling for you. Why did you do this?

This just does not fit the Stu that I thought that I knew.

Paul

With all due respect Paul, the fact that you did not see any "Side" shows the problem, I VERY MUCH see a "Side" in what Nancy posted, and I strongly disagree with it, in fact, I do not accept the author's premise.

It is not sour grapes, I'm illustrating the problem, by posting what I consider to be a very opposite point of view, on a similar subject.

My point was illustrate how we do NOT need this kind of discussion here on our woodworking forum. :wave:

Respectfully

Stu

When I worked in the bars years ago ( boy am I getting old thinking about when that was) there were only a couple of rules about conversations that were not allowed Politics and religion as they create too much debate as there are too many views on the subjects. I do appreciate all the banter that we share on this forum but it is Family wood working and it would be nice to get back to the task at hand. I mean look at this egg. First one!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: ( sorry couldn't resist) Oh the room is starting to spin now. :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• First egg 008.JPG
    First egg 008.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 7
Or maybe tool wars?

"Yur brand of blurfl is complete garbage. If you really want a nice blurfl, you need to get Brand Z, It's the best!"

And that is one nice egg, Drew :thumb:

Topic change:

Oh, I did get a new 1x30 HF belt sander delivered today and was able to sharpen an axe with the 120 grit belt and some green polishing compound to the point where I was able to shave hairs off my forearm... Can't wait to get the really good belts from Lee Valley so I can go to town on all of the kitchen knives...

...............Oh, I did get a new 1x30 HF belt sander delivered today and was able to sharpen an axe with the 120 grit belt and some green polishing compound to the point where I was able to shave hairs off my forearm... Can't wait to get the really good belts from Lee Valley so I can go to town on all of the kitchen knives...

or turning tools :thumb:

You got that right. Can't wait to try it on those.

For a cheap little thing, it gave me the best grind on my little camp axe it's ever seen!

I agree. This type of stuff does not belong here. If you want a political discussion go to a Social site and join in. This type of discussion here can only lead to hard feelings between members.

personally, since many think this a woodworkers forum, and it is, there's NO PLACE for an OFF-TOPIC section on the forum !!! let's keep the entire Forum soley on the premise of working with wood...which is why this Forum exsists. that would end ALL possible infractions, now wouldn't it? ;)

Our newly elected Moderator team seems to be absent or at least silent, since this started :huh: :dunno:

Time Zones, Dan.....

This was reported fairly late last night, Dan, at least as far as my time zone goes. I've been on for all of 5 minutes this morning, and I also need to still have breakfast, get the kids out of bed, and get to work, all in the next hour.

Hmm, when voting for mods maybe we should ask them to post their time zone, so we can help balance the mods around the globe... ;):rolleyes:

personally, since many think this a woodworkers forum, and it is, there's NO PLACE for an OFF-TOPIC section on the forum !!! let's keep the entire Forum soley on the premise of working with wood...which is why this Forum exsists. that would end ALL possible infractions, now wouldn't it? ;)

I would disagree with that James as the "off topic" section provides a valuable service for things that just don't fit in anywhere else. Like the reminder of 48 days till Christmas reminders. :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

There are few, if any, here that would enjoy good, juicy political debates more than yours truly.
On one hand, I often have to bite my typing fingers to stop from making an inflammatory comment.
On the other hand, a big reason I am here, and enjoy being part of the 'Family' is that we do avoid the dissension that can come from political and religious debates.
I just logged on, and, so far, have spent about half my time allotted for today reading something I don't wish to find here.

Status
Not open for further replies.