Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats on tap for this Weekend? (11/06/09)

Whats on tap for this Weekend? (11/06/09)

Don,

Forgive me if I'm stealing your idea here, but just wondering what folks have planned for this weekend?

I'm still waiting for my hardwood lumber to show up. I'm hoping it will get here today so I can get started on a dining room table and chairs.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I almost feel like a traitor responding to this post and not waiting for Don to post his

My wifes birthday party tonight. Some of my daughters are coming over to cook her dinner and dessert. Saturday the kids are coming over to help with the lawn work while I retire to the basement to work on the Hall butler I'm making for my youngest daughter. Sunday my son and others from his unit are being honored at the Radisson Hotel here in Manchester by a Veterans group so that will take up much of the day.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I'm hoping to finish up my shop reorganization, or at least this go around.

Then I have a large turning project/commision to get back at...or started.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Hey Brent, whatcha doing stealing my thunder...
    Anyhow, Same ole Same ole.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Still trying to get settle in the town home. Hopefully I can borrow my buddies trailer and get some tools moved over from storage. I've been hanging pictures and shelves all week and had about all I can stand, need to work on one of my own projects.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Hey Brent, whatcha doing stealing my thunder...
    Anyhow, Same ole Same ole.
    Sorry Don! Just though I'd get started on some woodworking discussions...
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.

Just called the shipper. Apparently there wasn't enough room on the truck yesterday cause my shipment is TOO BIG!

But they assured me that as long as I have a check for the shipping that I can give to the driver, they will bring it out today.

Looks like I'm going to get a workout this afternoon making stickers and stacking wood...

Since I'm retired, I do a lot of woodworking during the week, so weekends usually involve other activities.

Friday:
    I'll probably do a couple of steps on a picture frame/stand and maybe practice turning a little something.

Saturday:
    LOML wants to go to a community garage sale in Boston (that's the second largest Boston in the US) in the morning. Maybe there will be some tools!

Sunday:
    A day of rest - lounge around for a while. I'll cook breakfast for us like usual, then watch the NASCAR race at Texas.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

I've got some turning to do, a buddy wants me to make some wooden clay pigeons for a departing gift for one of their gun club members, yes, on base, not Japanese.

Yeah, some turning, and, I get paid for it
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I will attempt to dye back the red I made my shutters down to a more subtle brownish red, and will post before and after pics.
    I have the right coaching, so Im confident I can shade it enough to make myself happy, or Im tossing alot of expensive mahogany.