Whats on tap for this Weekend? (11/06/09)

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Don,

Forgive me if I'm stealing your idea here, but just wondering what folks have planned for this weekend?

I'm still waiting for my hardwood lumber to show up. I'm hoping it will get here today so I can get started on a dining room table and chairs.

I almost feel like a traitor responding to this post and not waiting for Don to post his :rofl::rofl:

My wifes birthday party tonight. Some of my daughters are coming over to cook her dinner and dessert. Saturday the kids are coming over to help with the lawn work while I retire to the basement to work on the Hall butler I'm making for my youngest daughter. Sunday my son and others from his unit are being honored at the Radisson Hotel here in Manchester by a Veterans group so that will take up much of the day.

I'm hoping to finish up my shop reorganization, or at least this go around.:rolleyes:

Then I have a large turning project/commision to get back at...or started.:eek:

Still trying to get settle in the town home. Hopefully I can borrow my buddies trailer and get some tools moved over from storage. I've been hanging pictures and shelves all week and had about all I can stand, need to work on one of my own projects. :)

Just called the shipper. Apparently there wasn't enough room on the truck yesterday cause my shipment is TOO BIG!

But they assured me that as long as I have a check for the shipping that I can give to the driver, they will bring it out today.

Looks like I'm going to get a workout this afternoon making stickers and stacking wood... :D :D :thumb:

Since I'm retired, I do a lot of woodworking during the week, so weekends usually involve other activities.

Friday:
I'll probably do a couple of steps on a picture frame/stand and maybe practice turning a little something.

Saturday:
LOML wants to go to a community garage sale in Boston (that's the second largest Boston in the US) in the morning. Maybe there will be some tools!

Sunday:
A day of rest - lounge around for a while. I'll cook breakfast for us like usual, then watch the NASCAR race at Texas.

I've got some turning to do, a buddy wants me to make some wooden clay pigeons for a departing gift for one of their gun club members, yes, on base, not Japanese.

Yeah, some turning, and, I get paid for it :D :thumb:

I will attempt to dye back the red I made my shutters down to a more subtle brownish red, and will post before and after pics.
I have the right coaching, so Im confident I can shade it enough to make myself happy, or Im tossing alot of expensive mahogany.

Off to a yard sale in the morning. A woodworker is moving and has put up his lumber stock for sale. Supposed to have tools as well. Guess we will see what tomorrow brings. Unsure on the rest of the weekend. Flu bug has landed at our house.

I have to finish patching the sheetrock in my son's bedroom. A nest of paper wasps got into the eaves and literally ate a hole in his ceiling.

I want to run to Woodcraft to pick up a Slow Speed Grinder on Sale and maybe get a lathe chuck for my largely unused Jet Mini.

Cheers

Jim

I have a teak desk to finish refinishing for my daughter, refinish a bedside table for the spare bedroom, mulch some leaves (I don't rake:p) and some more staining of kitchen cabinets, maybe some day they will be done:eek:

And I bet your wife will get her cabinates before Lou Ann...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Man I hope so Don:p I am NOT the fastest wood worker here and I have seen the speed Jon has in his shop build , so I had better keep it in gear:D But I think I am just a little ahead:rofl::rofl::rofl:

OK just to keep "ME" focused and "IN GEAR" since I am on them tomarrow, I will post pics of where I am at tomarrow afternoon :)

Last edited:
Like Bill Arnold, I’m retired and play with my toys on week days when I’m home alone, then weekends are for doing things with the family.

Saturday, COSTCO run, then the youngest daughter and family are coming over and I’m smoking a Prime Rib. Probably use a little cherry and apple for a light smoke. I have the crust melding in a bowl now.

Sunday, I’ll watch me some football. My dysfunctional Raiders have a bye so at least they won’t lose this weekend. It would really be nice to get a new owner, coach and quarterback.

Chuck Rodekohr; Saturday said:
Smoked Prime Rib :eek::thumb::D I love smoking Prime Rib. Not much better than that:D Too bad you live one the west side or I'd have to come over and check out your techniques:thumb: Have a good day with your family:) My favorite wood for smoking is alder, I have a sealed 30 gallon container next to my weber full of alder for any and all of my grilling:D