Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking For table saw blade

Looking For table saw blade

I am thinking about getting a "good" blade. I would like to get the Freud premier fusion but I don't know if I'm ready to whip out that much for a blade. On my previous saw I had a Freud Advanti that I got from lowes and it gave me really nice cuts but it was a thin kerf and I am looking for a.... non thin kerf blade. I was thinking in the $40 -$50 range. I see homedepot has a bunch of different Freud Diablos in that range. I am looking for an all purpose blade. Any thoughts.

Hurry to your local Rockler store. They have the Freud Avanti blade on sale for $19.95. Its being discontinued but it's a good blade. I bought 3.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I've used a Freud LU84M combination blade for years and like the results. I also have their Glue-Line Rip and Fine Crosscut blades.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Dont forget, for the good blades you can get them re-sharpened a couple of times too...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Dang - that budget restraint holds ya away from running Freud Industrials. That's what I run, and I simply cannot be more pleased with 'em than I am. They're a big step up from the blades I used to run.
    -- Tim --

Are the freud industrial blades a lot better than the freud Diablo line? I think that the freud premier fusion blade is in the industrial line and from what I heard that would be the best blade to get because it does everything really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Black View Post
    Are the freud industrial blades a lot better than the freud Diablo line? I think that the freud premier fusion blade is in the industrial line and from what I heard that would be the best blade to get because it does everything really well.
    Look at it this way I am still running the better Freud blades that bought almost 20 years ago and used in my production shop they can be resharpened many many times and still be good blades. Try Ballew saw & Tool in Springfield Mo they have great prices and deal with the big boy and are a sharpening shop also and they ship all across the US.

No I don't work for them but have been buying my woodworking stuff from them since 84 great folks.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Black View Post
    I can't speak for the fusion at all - I've never seen nor handled one. The difference between Diablo and "Freud Industrial", though, is large - the tooth size & grind is much better on the FI, and while I'm not positive I believe the blade's body is heavier, too - resulting in a stiffer blade & a very predictable cut. My arbors & arbor washers are clean & running true, and I can't see any blade marks on my cut line at all - not even under strong lateral lighting, not even on rock maple.
    -- Tim --

I think that I'll be adding a premier fusion blade to the Christmas list, Im assuming that this blade would be the best in that price range. Freud makes a big deal about it doing everything really well, and the woodcraft video guy seems to think that its the greatest blade since sliced bread, I'm paraphrasing here of course.

Fellas, this is all great info, I'm looking to add my modest collection of blades for the SawStop.

I have some really basic blades I bought for my old DeWalt 744 portable tablesaw, and the one that came with the SawStop. The SawStop blade has been good, no complaints, but it does need sharpening.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward