Just got a Load of Lumber!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
woodload.jpg

So that's what 300bf of 8/4 maple and 200bf 4/4 Poplar looks like!

Unfortunately, the guy didn't arrive with a lift gate truck. Instead he had 28' tractor trailer, which just won't quite make up up my driveway.

So had to meet him at the bottom and offload it into my pickup truck, named king bubba...

Wa Hooo!!! I'm ready to make some sawdust!

Ya'll didn't have Lincoln Logs or Tinker Toys as a kid did'ja??? My loads of firewood are stacked tighter than that load! Ya didn't buy that expensive "curly" wood that won't lay flat did'ja??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rofl::rofl:
Good haul, amazing how a little wood on a tractor trailer can account for a full load on a pick 'em up truck ain't it????:huh::dunno:

Yeah, it was kind of just break the bands and toss it on the truck.

The guy didn't get here till around 7:00, and it was dark, so...

I made up a bunch of stickers today and will sort through and take loving care of all the wood in the morning :thumb:

Looks like some of that rare blue-tipped maple to me. :p That stuff's hard to come by.

Congrats on the acquisition. Whatcha got planned for it? (You've probably mentioned it before, but I've slept since then.) :doh:

Maple is going to be dining room table and chairs, and a bench.

Poplar is for, well, whatever poplar is good for. Drawer sides, practice projects, jigs, etc...

Might even have to give handcut dovetails a try with the poplar.

So had to rearrange the shop a big before I could actually unload the truck.

Lighter picture of the pickup sticks.
lumber1.jpg

Current wood stack.
lumber2.jpg

Made some room on the floor
lumber3.jpg

Bucky trying to help clean up the garage.
lumber4.jpg

Stacked.
lumber5.jpg

I figure I've lost about 30 square feet of floor space, so I need to start making things and using up this wood, pronto!

Got a couple of really nice wide maple boards that should work well for the table top. All I can say is that at 7' by 3 1/2' in size, that table top is going to be stout and weigh a ton!

Oh, and now, it's ibuprofren and a little couch time.