Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: craft show results: day 3

craft show results: day 3

sold 2 door stops. more than a handful of business cards went out. one lady wrote the types of wood i used and the price of the cutting boards, and there may be a commission for a board half again as big (mine are 12"x9"). talked with one guy and his wife, they liked what they saw, and were thinking xmas presents, and asked what other shows i would be at, and i told them that i would be there tomorrow, and sunday. when looking through the book of pics, he stopped at the pic of my couch, and asked my how much it would cost to make one, but slightly smaller, to fit in the intended area of thier house (craftsman style bungalow). i told him that it would be difficult to say, since without the size of the couch, and not knowing the latest price of qs white oak, i couldn't honestly set a price. but he has my card and knows how to get in contact with me. hope to sell more tomorrow....
    Last edited by Dan Noren; 11-09-2009 at 12:12 AM.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Good to hear that people are at least out and looking.

Best of luck with this Dan!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

So its a Friday. Gotta think that Saturday will have some more traffic, right? Good luck tomorrow!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    So its a Friday. Gotta think that Saturday will have some more traffic, right? Good luck tomorrow!
    I was thinking the same thing. Here's hoping for good booth traffic Saturday and Sunday. I also hope the leads and feelers you got today turn into something good. You have a good assortment of merchandise, in a wide range of prices. I think that's an advantage in the current market.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

craft show results: day 2

well, it was pretty much the same as yesterday, except there were people wandering about. (think of it this way, yesterday was like the original version of the movie, dawn of the dead, but without the dead people. today was the same, but with the dead people wandering around). remembered to bring the camera home, this is a pic of the set up. the silly old guy behind the table is my dad.more business cards went out, and i may be needed to make a tv cabinet. sold a wine bottle holder, and a cutting board today, so doing better than yesterday. my wife said that god is going to have people buy everything, but the catch is that it will be 2 items per day.

day 1 sales: $6
    day 2 sales: $45

i can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails craft show set up.JPG  
    Last edited by Dan Noren; 11-08-2009 at 12:35 AM.
    benedictione omnes bene

Congrats Dan...if tomorrow improves as much as today did, your going to have a heck of a day! Spending some time with dad had to be nice too!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Nice layout you put together. I like the way you have your logo displayed!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

WTG, Dan. I hope you have a Great day tomorow.

Bruce
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

i hope so too bruce, with 4 down and 70 to go, it's starting to look a little grim for getting my bandsaw. i'll be happy if i make the $99 left of the $150 fee...
    benedictione omnes bene

Keep plugging away at it Dan. Keep a positive attitude, because a dejected one really shows to the public. Here's hoping you get WELL over the entry fee hump Sunday.

You've got good-looking products. Are the other vendors also having slow sales? If so, then it's likely the public is just being tight with their wallets. If they're getting lots of business and you're not, then where is their price range compared to yours? If they're selling lots of $2 to $5 items, and yours are priced at $20 to $50 (just an example...I have no idea what your prices are), then it may be simply a case of being in the wrong show for your products.

The bandsaw will come...you just might have to give it a bit more time.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com