cocobolo hollow form

The first of many, this form is 5" wide by 7" tall- finished with lemon oil-but possibly a satin/gloss finish in the future.

P1030201.jpg

P1030204.jpg

P1030208.jpg

P1030211.jpg

P1030212.jpg

thank you
here's some pics from above-unfortunatley there in artifical light, but i think there good enough to be able to see the figure etc
P1030221.jpg

P1030222.jpg

RE sanding:less than normal because the wood is so dense and oily it neg scrapes wonderfully so you can start sanding at 240 then work through to 1500

the inside is left as it is of the tool- life's to short to poke a stick inside and try and sand things that you'll never see and only woodturners will ever try to feel!!!!

there about an 1/8" to 3/16"of an inch Drew. there's may ways to gauge thickness but the best is experince mixed with the sound of the hollowing, but there are also callipers. if your intrested in hollow forms David ellsworth book is brillant.

there about an 1/8" to 3/16"of an inch Drew. there's may ways to gauge thickness but the best is experince mixed with the sound of the hollowing, but there are also callipers. if your intrested in hollow forms David ellsworth book is brillant.

Thanks for the info George. Wow that is thin. I am hoping one day to be able to turn something like that. I will be looking for that book.