Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ci Mini Tools

Ci Mini Tools

Today, I'm upstairs, Skyping on on the computer to a friend, and the doorbell rings..... UPS guy...

My wife walks upstairs with a box in her hand, asking if I'd ordered something, "Not that I can think of...."

I take a look at the box......... from "Owensboro, Kentucky"....

Holy cow, that was fast shipping.....

(Full disclosure here, Craig Jackson and his lovely wife Donna have given me these tools, and some of the other tools, I bought the first Ci1 tool from them and just loved it, and each time a new one comes out, I want to buy another one, but, they always send them to me, to get my feedback etc. I think they like the videos I first put up on YouTube when I got the Ci1 as well. Anyway, just to be clear, I would gladly pay for any of these tools, and have offered to do so.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ci_mini_tools_1.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	38895
    Boy do these new mini tool look nice, I've always liked the fit and finish on there tools, but these new ones take it to a new level, even the packaging is very nice, the tubes will be kept on hand for taking these tools to any workshop/demos I get to do, because, as usual, these sucker are sharp!

Name:	Ci_mini_tools_2.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	38896
    Here they are out of their tubes, very, very nice, there is the new Ci3 Mini Finisher (round carbide insert) and the new Ci2 Mini Rougher.

They are a lot smaller than the other Ci tools........

Name:	Ci_mini_tools_comparo.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	38897
    ....... but man alive can they remove wood in a hurry, or, step back and take super fine cuts.

I honestly think that no matter if you own a mini lathe or a Monster lathe, these two tools will EARN a place on your tool rack, they are that good.

I used them on my Ver 2.0 Skeet project tonight, and the final cuts needed very little sanding at all.

The smaller handles really do make a nice finesse cut easier, the other tools, the larger ones do their job very well, but these mini tools will encourage owners of smaller lathes to use them and all turners in general to make fine cuts easier than ever.

Two solid thumbs up, I cannot be happier, these are just simply great tools.

Stu
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Pretty cool Stu. Do they have a web site with more products?
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Ci Mini Tools

This is what happens when you do good things,and I believe that there are a quite a few turners,like my self who more than appreciate the time you take in making an posting those videos.I know they have helped me quite a bit.

Drew,
    Here is Craig's web site. Also our own Vaughn helped update his web site. Vaughn 2 thumbs up.

Also go to you tube & you can see his tools in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Beland View Post
    Drew,
    Here is Craig's web site. Also our own Vaughn helped update his web site. Vaughn 2 thumbs up.

Hi Chuck, Um what web site? Who's tools on You Tube? Sorry but I think I am I missing something here?
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

I want them!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Congrats Stu!

I talked to Craig on Friday and he told me about these tools. Christmas is not to far away and I like to make sure I get a good present

I tried to remove the screw in the C1 and ruined the top and Craig is sending me a new tool!
    He is a great guy and I love his tools!
    "Small Change got rained on with his own 38"

Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Beland View Post
    Drew,

Uh, Chuck, thanks for the kudos, but I didn't work on Craig's site. I helped Randy with the Monster Lathe Tools site.

BTW, here's the link for Craig's site:

http://www.easywoodtools.com/
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Uh, Chuck, thanks for the kudos, but I didn't work on Craig's site. I helped Randy with the Monster Lathe Tools site.

BTW, here's the link for Craig's site:

http://www.easywoodtools.com/
    Thanks Vaughn for the link. One of the guys from the turning club i just joined had a home made one of these. I am too new to turning to have an opinion but I am learning.

Interesting to an untalented novice woodturner.