Help finding source for specific hinges

I am in the process of putting together a few wooden photo albums, and want to use a specific type of hinge. The hinge uses "pins" that are inserted through holes drilled in the album's binding, sorta like in the picture below...

hinge.jpg

The actual arm of the hinge shouldn't protrude as far out as the example, but hopefully you get the idea.

I appreciate any help you might be able to help in finding a source!

- Keith

It seems to me... that I've seen that sort of male-female threaded-pin set in a stationery store or a bookstore someplace. There was a special name for 'em, but I don't remember what it was.

Once you find a supply of THOSE, the battle's half over - then it's down to finding a hinge you can readily modify to accept those threaded coupling things.

ok tim has got me thinkun here,, really it hurts sometimes... try mc master & carr for the pins then like tim says look for modifyable hinges next.. mc master and carr have mulitudes of hardware stuff..

Help finding source for speecific hinges

Rob would I lie to you LOL.
Try at your local Borg , I seriously doubt that they would have any idea of what you are talking about.I'll bet you would get a funny look from the hardware guy.
Chuck

Thanks for all the help, guys! I appreciate it!

Believe it or not, I found out that there is an entire website dedicated to selling just this type of hardware! They are called screw posts (sorta like "sex bolts", I guess :rofl:). The ones that I'm going to use can be seen here...

http://www.screwpost.com/index.php?cPath=49&osCsid=026bd114cba389827adbe35196305018

They're a little pricey, but it's exactly what I need.

Thanks again!

Keith

Thanks for all the help, guys! I appreciate it!

Believe it or not, I found out that there is an entire website dedicated to selling just this type of hardware! They are called screw posts (sorta like "sex bolts", I guess :rofl:). The ones that I'm going to use can be seen here...

http://www.screwpost.com/index.php?cPath=49&osCsid=026bd114cba389827adbe35196305018

They're a little pricey, but it's exactly what I need.

Thanks again!

Keith

Oh those things. :doh:I've seen them in stationary stores like staples.