Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last night’s smoked Prime Rib was great!

Last night’s smoked Prime Rib was great!

They closed the “Whats on tap for this Weekend” thread. I guess it got too political. But here is the results of last night’s Prime Rib BBQ.

The crust was a perfect blend of spices and herbs, It was accompanied by baby red potatoes and green beans, tossed in EVOO and a little garlic powder, and roasted in the oven.

First picture, Prime Rib packed in herbs and spices.

Second picture, coming off the BBQ.

Third picture, plated and ready to eat. mmMMM –mmMMM-MMMmm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7 Nov 09 3.JPG  

lucky guy i had to chook down some breaded pork loin with stuffing and some S.African wine along with some yams
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

First two pictures didn't make it. Tryn' it again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7 Nov 09 1.JPG   7 Nov 09 2.JPG  

Larry, sounds delish! I LOVES stuffing!

I really feel sorry for you having to eat that thing with all the grass on it and then burnt on the out side and raw on the inside yeah right
    Jay

Very nice....

Need to get my smoker fired up again one of these days. Bought a big ole gas grill at costco last year and my charcoal fired bbq's have been feeling neglected...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I can’t go without my outdoor cookin’. I’ve had my Weber Bullets (an 18” and 22”) for a year now and have had 24 smokes on them, averaging two a month. I also have a Weber Genesis gasser that I use 3-5 times a week. I just started baking my homemade pizzas on the gasser. I put the pizza stone on some bricks and crank it up to max for an hour. Stone temp got up to 680º. Baked the pizzas for five minutes which melted the cheese and shrunk the mushrooms, and baked the crust dark and crispy on the bottom and very flavorful inside. I’m going to throw on some smoke wood next time.

Chuck, I am right there with you on the pizzas on the grill. I've got a nice big pizza stone and it's perfect on the grill. You can really heat that puppy up.

My favorite kind of homemade pizza is to make a nice thin crispy crust with those big round pieces of pepperoni you get at the deli. Simple and good!

I've whittle down my grill collection to just the gas grill, a 22" weber, and a big long heavy duty grill called the 'Guadalupe'. I welded up a firebox that I attach to the side and filled up the area where you would put the coals with bricks to hold the heat. I used to use that for smoking things, but I ran out of good hardwood to do the smoking with. I figure when I get the fireplace running at this house, I'll go and get a couple of truckloads of orchard wood from California.

My favorite way to do turkeys anymore is on the weber. Can do up to around a 14# I think on it and it turns out great.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

That looks perfect Chuck nice and pink on the inside and a good crust on the out, man your making me hungry EVOO? I see you are a Rachel Ray fan also
    Brent I do 22 - 24# turkeys on my 22" weber all the time, been doing 2 or 3 of them every year on the weber for around 28 years, they don't get any better in my opinion And my favorite smoking wood, and I use it on everything, steak, burgers, chicken, pork, etc is alder (aw man, just gave out my secret)

Sheesh! You're making me hungry!!!

I've got a couple of ribeyes marinating for us to have for dinner. Maybe I'll be able to wait!

I love to do turkeys, Boston butt, ribs and whatever else comes to mind on my New Braunfels smoker. It's been around a few years but is still holding together. I'll do a turkey for Thanksgiving - a neighbor is hinting about doing one for them, so that'll help fill the smoker. I'm thinking about building my next smoker so I've started looking for plans.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station