Forget-Me-Not Bowl

I was challenged to turn something that I had not done before – something to push my comfort zone – and this is what I came up with.

Maple bowl, 8 ¾” diameter x 3 ¾” high, with a nice and thin undercut rim that was then drilled, burnt and inked with my version of Forget-Me-Not flowers. It was then sanded to 400 grit and topped off with several coats of gloss poly.

Forget-Me-Not Bowl v1.JPG Forget-Me-Not Bowl v2.JPG Forget-Me-Not Bowl v3.JPG Forget-Me-Not Bowl v4.JPG Forget-Me-Not Bowl v5.JPG

As always, your opinions, comments and critiques are welcomed!

Thanks for looking! :wave:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone - I do appreciate it!

Tim - I know how you feel and I had to force myself to drill into a perfectly good bowl! Course, after that first hole was drilled, I was kinda committed to follow through!

Bernie - your wife is 100% correct - there is no doubt in my mind - you can do this! I do highly suggest that you wait until after the short-timer jitters are gone as that could ruin the inking portion of your project!

Brent - years ago my Mom gave me a woodburner that she picked up somewhere. Had 3 screw in tips and looked like (and felt like) a 35 watt soldering pencil. Hey - it works! Thanks Mom!

Steve, I think this is a great example of what can happen when we push our comfort zone, you have really done well on this one, the extra bit of art added to the bowl really makes it stand out :thumb:

Great work!