Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Pens

Two Pens

Here is another one of the hot pink pens. I have sold 27 of them so far just by word of mouth. Had to order 10 more blanks Saturday. Also made a teachers pen for my DIL. Blue ink on one end and red ink on the other. So I put a blue acrylic on the blue end and red acrylic on the red end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Teachers and Hot Pink Pen 1.jpg   Teachers and Hot Pink Pen 3.jpg  
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

All very nicely done Bernie!

Les
    Innovation is the process that renews something that already exists and not, as is commonly assumed, the introduction of something new.

My wife was looking over my shoulder this morning and saw the teachers pen. As was heading off to school she said that she thought it was a great idea and maybe I should start making pens......One step closer to getting a lathe
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Here is another one of the hot pink pens. I have sold 27 of them so far just by word of mouth. Had to order 10 more blanks Saturday. Also made a teachers pen for my DIL. Blue ink on one end and red ink on the other. So I put a blue acrylic on the blue end and red acrylic on the red end.
    Those are really nice Bernie.. but have to tell you, this is a wood turning forum, not an acrylic turning forum....

On a more serious note, I have about 20 or 30 of the teacher pen kits I need to get of my dead rear and work up.... I bought a close out deal from Ryan at Woodturningz earlier this year.... done most of the other pens, but not the teachers yet. I like the combo you did on yours.

I find the acrylics go over very well with the ladies at most of my shows... always keep a bunch made up.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Thanks for the comments. Yes Chuck they are kinda cool. I did the red and blue because it makes it easier to remember. I will tell you this the length of the small ends are critical as to their length. Don't trim off to much.
    Bernie W.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Thanks for the comments. Yes Chuck they are kinda cool. I did the red and blue because it makes it easier to remember. I will tell you this the length of the small ends are critical as to their length. Don't trim off to much.
    Yeah, and the little short tubes get pretty tricky... haven't tried them between centers yet, but thinking might not give me much working room between the centers. I've made up and sold about a dozen of the teacher pens over the years... not one of my favorites to make. My younger daughter is a teacher and I made one for her right after she started teaching... every so often she'll ask for one or two for a teacher friend.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Thats real cool Bernie. The red blue pen is a great original for a niche market.
    cheers

Cool looking pens Bernie

The red and blue one reminds me those blue and red pencils used in accounting and in printing shops.
    That is a revised concept with great result!
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Good stuff, Bernie.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks for the comments. I gave this DIL and now have orders for 5 more. I am not sure what to charge for these things. Do you sell yours Chuck and if so what do you sell them for? Thanks.
    Bernie W.