Two Pens

Here is another one of the hot pink pens. I have sold 27 of them so far just by word of mouth. Had to order 10 more blanks Saturday. Also made a teachers pen for my DIL. Blue ink on one end and red ink on the other. So I put a blue acrylic on the blue end and red acrylic on the red end.

Attachments

• Teachers and Hot Pink Pen 1.jpg
    Teachers and Hot Pink Pen 1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 53
  • Teachers and Hot Pink Pen 3.jpg
    Teachers and Hot Pink Pen 3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 47
My wife was looking over my shoulder this morning and saw the teachers pen. As was heading off to school she said that she thought it was a great idea and maybe I should start making pens......One step closer to getting a lathe :thumb::thumb:

Here is another one of the hot pink pens. I have sold 27 of them so far just by word of mouth. Had to order 10 more blanks Saturday. Also made a teachers pen for my DIL. Blue ink on one end and red ink on the other. So I put a blue acrylic on the blue end and red acrylic on the red end.

Those are really nice Bernie.:thumb:. but have to tell you, this is a wood turning forum, not an acrylic turning forum....:rofl::rofl:

On a more serious note, I have about 20 or 30 of the teacher pen kits I need to get of my dead rear and work up.... I bought a close out deal from Ryan at Woodturningz earlier this year.... done most of the other pens, but not the teachers yet. I like the combo you did on yours.

I find the acrylics go over very well with the ladies at most of my shows... always keep a bunch made up.

Thanks for the comments. Yes Chuck they are kinda cool. I did the red and blue because it makes it easier to remember. I will tell you this the length of the small ends are critical as to their length. Don't trim off to much.

Thanks for the comments. Yes Chuck they are kinda cool. I did the red and blue because it makes it easier to remember. I will tell you this the length of the small ends are critical as to their length. Don't trim off to much.

Yeah, and the little short tubes get pretty tricky... haven't tried them between centers yet, but thinking might not give me much working room between the centers. I've made up and sold about a dozen of the teacher pens over the years... not one of my favorites to make. My younger daughter is a teacher and I made one for her right after she started teaching... every so often she'll ask for one or two for a teacher friend.

Cool looking pens Bernie:thumb:

The red and blue one reminds me those blue and red pencils used in accounting and in printing shops.
That is a revised concept with great result!:thumb:

Thanks for the comments. I gave this DIL and now have orders for 5 more. I am not sure what to charge for these things. Do you sell yours Chuck and if so what do you sell them for? Thanks.

Thanks for the comments. I gave this DIL and now have orders for 5 more. I am not sure what to charge for these things. Do you sell yours Chuck and if so what do you sell them for? Thanks.

I've only sold a few... maybe 1/2 dozen... mostly I make them and give to daughter so she can give as gifts.... the few I sold I think I asked about $20... for the amount of work, way under priced, but teachers are the usual buyers and they're not paid enough.