bound to happen....

Dan Noren

Staff member
i've finally decided to set up a web site of my very own.:eek: it's not quite ready yet, and i'm still working out ideas.:huh: so far things look ok, and i will add it to my profile here when it's done.:type:

thanks to my wife, i discovered the microsoft office live small business site. the setup is free, and i get one domain name free (couldn't pass that up). if i wanted a different one, it was about $15 per year. the have some premium items that you pay for, but i haven't looked at those yet. progress has been pretty good so far.:type:

the only reason i'm setting it up, is that during the craft show last weekend, several people asked if i had a web site they could check. now i'm covering that base.

I decided to start "rolling my own" too...including web site and email.

New Mac mini Server, 2TB Western Digital HD for backup.

View attachment 38995

Hosting from home? Brave...

No, Seriously, I didn't have a lot of issues doing it, but finally got tired of keeping up security patches and keeping the bad guys out. Using a host was a better fit for me, let them take care of that stuff and let me spend my time doing stuff that I really like...administering woodworking forums. :D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Looks like a good start, Dan. :thumb: I did see a typo at the bottom of the State Fair page. You said "A foot stook" when you meant "A foot stool".

The link at the bottom of each page to Family Woodworking is nice, but I'm wondering if you'd be better off just having it in one place. As it looks now, it appears like the rights to the site are reserved by Family Woodworking, not Burro Viejo Woodworking. I'd suggest changing the link to be to your home page, and change the text to Burro Viejo Woodworking.

But the main thing is, you got the site up. Now you can begin the tweaking. :D

:type:well, i corrected the spelling error, inserted a better pic of the foot stool, and found that i could change the text, so i changed it to "my favorite websites". not much i could do about it showing up at the bottom of each page, nature of the beast i guess. :huh: