Chinaberry

Dennis Ford

This is a simple bowl made of Chinaberry, it is just over 14" in diameter. The finish is Tung oil and paste wax. comments / critques welcome

Attachments

• DSC01240r.JPG
    DSC01240r.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01241r.JPG
    DSC01241r.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 51
That's another beauty, Dennis. I like the little footsies on the bottom. :thumb:

Larry, the feet are very difficult to do. You have to reverse the perpendicular vernacular, then random chuck the spigot into a cross-tie. As long as the drawbar is tight, you're good to go. If not, then it's back to the drop slider for awhile. Once that's done, all that's left is the dancing. :rofl:

Larry, the feet are very difficult to do. You have to reverse the perpendicular vernacular, then random chuck the spigot into a cross-tie. As long as the drawbar is tight, you're good to go. If not, then it's back to the drop slider for awhile. Once that's done, all that's left is the dancing. :rofl:

:bang::bang::bang:
Larry I stand with you in solidarity as another non-turner.
Just ignore that long-haired chai swigging left coaster. ;)

...art

ps: to me they just look like they're glued/stuck there.

That's another beauty, Dennis. I like the little footsies on the bottom. :thumb:

yea what vaughn said...:huh::dunno::rofl:

Very nice piece, looks a lot like Elm to me.

The feet are great, but I agree with Vaughn......... I think..... :huh: :dunno:

All I know is that they are hard to do, and I've not had the guts to give it a try......... yet! :D

:bang::bang::bang:
Larry I stand with you in solidarity as another non-turner.
Just ignore that long-haired chai swigging left coaster. ;)

...art

ps: to me they just look like they're glued/stuck there.

Regular ol' Lipton for this hippie. :p

My bet is that the feet are carved/sanded and part of the original blank. ;)

well art thanks for the confidence,, and as for the blonde hippy and the ole guy in AZ there are now off my will:) art yur stil on it:) thansk fore the explanation V

ATTN: Mods:
Vaughn said: "You have to reverse the perpendicular vernacular"
Was he talking dirty? :eek:

BTW, I very much like the bowl. :thumb:
And, yes, the foots thing has me wondering also. Well done.

Dennis,
As I remember the chinaberry we had on the home place, it's got a soft pith down the middle of the wood doesn't it.:dunno:... never worked with the wood myself, but have had lots of chinaberry fights with the berry and a slingshot... only when I was younger(I lived in the deep south), it was called a politically incorrect shooter.:D:D:D I will also tell you that those berry things hurt when you got hit.:wave:

Larry that's the "show off" way of doing it,:rofl: it is much simpler than that, in fact you already pointed out the way.

Here you go Drew....

>> LINK << its a PDF

That is just one way, they are lots of ways to skin that cat :wave:

Thanks Stu, that is just what I needed. :thumb::thumb::thumb:I have to try doing that of course I have lots more stuff to get for this lathe thank goodness christmas is coming.:eek: Hopefully the cast stand, extension and the outrigger are in today as promised and I can get the lathe properly set up. Only a week and a half waiting so far:mad: