Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Kurt Chalmers...

Welcome Kurt Chalmers...

Welcome aboard Kurt.

(Kurt's a very dear friend of mine from the frozen tundra of Saskatoon. Please don't hold either against him! )

Glad you could come here to join us.
    - Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Welcome Kurt!!

Glad to see you've made it here Kurt!! Welcome...

Denise

Another Canuck!

Welcome!!

hi kurt, welcome!

Hello Kurt, welcome and we will not hold Marty against you.

thanks I THINK

Wow a friendly atmosphere. And yah don't even hold my friendship with Marty against me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Think i'll like it here !

Shop heat

Being from the "Frozen tundra" I bought a "Mr. Heater "today supposed to heat 4,000 sq ft of space ,,,,,,,,,,,My Garage (shop) is 700 sq ft ,,,,,,will almost keep the frost out Propane powered forced air ,,,,,,,,real cool..............I mean warm ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unit ! Been havin fun testing it out today ,,,,,,,

KURT!!!....How the heck are ya, my dearest old friend. Nice ta see ya. How's that ol' shop of yours doing. Must be getting a mite cold about now huh? Okay, gotta go for now, talk more later.

See ya.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Welcome Kurt,
    And congrats on getting that propane shop heater going.

I have spent so much of my life fending off the cold in Minnesota and Wisconsin that I am very ready to move to Arizona, again.

Chainsawing wood, fortunately mostly white and red oak, wild cherry, hickory!!!, and elm, but unfortunately mostly off steep hillsides.

Occasionally staying up all night when windy and very cold, feeding both the woodstove and the wood range in the drafty little cabin, trying to keep my loved ones from freezing. We didn’t have to worry about the water, as those five gallon jugs were kept close to the range in the winter.

My gf and her son slept confidently after hearing the sounds of me splitting wood for the wood range’s firebox in the kitchen at night, which I ricked in the open range’s oven and warming ovens for quick morning heat.

Ahh, I still remember the night it went down to minus 40+, with the wind chill at 100° below. Recalling a Jack London story about a man gauging temp by noting whether his expectorant froze and crackled upon hitting the snow (-60°), or while still in the air (-80°), IIRC, I went out naked to the edge of the deck and urinated over the edge. No crackling, but a thrilling experience nonetheless.

Let us know how it goes… where the condensation/frost line is in your structure and how you deal with it. I will live vicariously through your reports from the North Country.

Thanks as well as welcome, Kurt,
    Frank Chaffee

Let's see..........peeing naked outside when it's cold enough for your pee pee man to fall off. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........................not a fun time.

Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin