I had a nice surprise last night

Bart Leetch

My Dad's old 12" RAS which I have had for about 10 years has set idle for several years after having a visit from Wisha same a Osha accept for Washington state. The only thing he found wrong in the shop was that the RAS had to have a guard that would knock my hand out of the way before the blade could get to it & a pull back system.

My shop is used for both business & pleasure.

Well on to the surprise. I swung the saw arm around from being turned sideways to the table installed the guard I had made & tried a cut across a 10" piece of material it cut perfectly square. I had to adjust the tilt of the head less than 1/32" to have perfect alignment that way also.

Now I will sometime in the future need to buy a negative hook blade. Although I have never had a problem in the past with a regular blade.

At this time I run a 10" carbide blade because all I have is the regular steel 12" blades Dad had & used on it.

I will say I started using this saw so long ago that a negative hook blade is something I don't think they had even thought of yet. Wow that was 38 or 39 years ago my how time flies. Dad purchased this saw in 1967 & first used it on his second spec house.

When I received the saw the guide bar & roller system was worn out. The bars were not round anymore.

This saw was used out on large jobs to include apartment complexes, elementary schools & restaurants by a lot of different people. So they didn't always take the care in keeping it adjusted properly. although Dad did check it from time to time. It had a roof built over it & the head was removed & stored inside at night. I think in the last 8-10 years Dad had the saw it was used to just cut up scrap small enough to burn in the shop stove.

All I've done to the saw is install a new guide & roller system & install the new table & adjust the saw following the instructions in the owners manual.

Dad still has a 10" Craftsman RAS that has been used for just cabinet & furniture building & is older than this saw.

Attachments

• 12 IN  RAS.jpg
    12 IN RAS.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Bart, Bart, Bart.... I can see I am going to have to train you. You got Tyler covered with the photo, so thats good. But I want to see at least a brand and preferably model numbers too. :D

I can't tell from the photo if that is a Craftsman Model 100 (I don't think so) Or if that is a DeWalt (maybe) or something else. Details man! Details! ;)

Bart, Bart, Bart.... I can see I am going to have to train you. You got Tyler covered with the photo, so thats good. But I want to see at least a brand and preferably model numbers too. :D

I can't tell from the photo if that is a Craftsman Model 100 (I don't think so) Or if that is a DeWalt (maybe) or something else. Details man! Details! ;)

Now Jeff you don't think a model 100 was made in a 12" size do you?:eek: :wave:

Yes it a Craftsman 12" saw & was manufactured it 1967.

Model 113.29500 now isn't that a nice round number?

Here are pics of the guard.

Attachments

• RASG1.jpg
    RASG1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 26
  • RASG2.jpg
    RASG2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 17
  • RASG3.jpg
    RASG3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 18
  • RASG4.jpg