It's Friday so whatcha guys doing

My grandaughter has a Socker game

Saw some clips of girls 'socker' games last week. Seems like an appropriate description!

Well, I've been working on jointing and planing some maple boards for my dining table. Hopefully will get started on the glue up this weekend. I think that's probably about all I'll get to. Weather is getting colder, so I might not be spending as much time in the garage for a while...

Well its a sporting weekend for the driver again. Hockey tonight, Son is playing in regional school football championship final tomorrow morining and then hockey game in the evening.

Maybe some shop time tomorrow in the afternoon. If so i will work on my bench.

Best of luck there Jonathan. We need pics of the hunt.:D

Friday: Enjoying some light therapy. After several gray days with the tropical storm down here, it's been nice to see a lot of sunlight! A little shop time in the afternoon to work on the top to a chest of drawers I'm building.

Saturday: If I'm lucky, maybe a little shop time but mainly enjoying a beautiful day with LOML. Probably a picnic lunch at Cherokee Park. Watch the NNS race from PIR.

Sunday: A relaxing day starting with morning coffee and tea; me fixing breakfast for us; scan the Sunday paper. Watch the NSCS race from PIR. I might opt to do Shrimp Tempura in place of ribeyes for dinner this week.

Well the weather looks fine so hopefully a nice 40-50km ride tomorrow morning. Also planning to clean and fill the new tank on the fishtank stand...

Brought some oak inside the other day, but it's already dry, so if things are really smooth I might start dressing it for some cabinet doors my wife asked for. (we have some built-in shelves in the family room and she wants doors to close off the bottom halves.)

...art

Tomorrow we are going visiting a couple of show.... I did the Knoxville Farmer's Market most of the summer, but stopped in October when I had my surgery... we're going up tomorrow and visit some friends that are still doing the show.... then going over the the big Foothills Fine Art show at Chillhowee park.... I'm think about joing the Foothills Art Guild... so I want to look the show over again.... don't know if I'll try to do the show next year yet or not... it's over $300 and up for the booth fee depending on when you apply....

Sunday we are probably just going hang out around the house.

Tonight will be spent at home with LOML and daughter...all of us trying to stay low and keep our noses clean as my nephew and niece caught H1N1 this week...for tomorrow, I can't believe it, but my daughter heard it too...last night my wife said, "You can spend the whole day in the shop on Saturday" :eek: Wonder what chore I will have to do Sunday in return? :huh:

Been a bachelor all week, that will continue tonight, but will be just me and the shop dog. I finally got some tools out of storage last night and brought over to the new place, need to do some organizing of that.

Saturday may be trying to consolidate my three storage units into one and picking my wife up from the airport.

Sunday will be smoking a couple of briskets for my brother-in-law and having Sunday dinner with the kids as usual. :)

my thoughts as well,, your gonna regret that statement jeff i would just tell her that you would like to spend time with her instead,,, in your most convincing voice and facial expression:) that will get you more shop time than the day she has offered you:):rofl::rofl::rofl:

my thoughts as well,, your gonna regret that statement jeff i would just tell her that you would like to spend time with her instead,,, in your most convincing voice and facial expression:) that will get you more shop time than the day she has offered you:):rofl::rofl::rofl:

but then again that could backfire quite badly larry, and he would wind up spending the weekend shopping... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My solution for that was to go to a gun store for every store she wanted to go to. Eventually the girls and Lou Ann quit asking me to go. Now I go because I don't want Lou Ann by herself and we have a mutual agreement on the number of stores to hit on one outing!

I work for the Universities of California and the state decided we should all take a pay cut to help out . . . Just so we don't feel too bad, they give us some days off . . . without pay . . . I'm grateful for the pallets and misc. wood that LOML brings from her work. Great for prototypes. So, today I am doing a mock up of some sliding DT joints I plan to use on a couple small wall cabinets:

Attachments

• dt slide 001.jpg
    dt slide 001.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 22
  • dt slide 002.jpg
    dt slide 002.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 20
  • dt slide 003.jpg
    dt slide 003.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
Thanks, Glen. That's the first good use for a miter slot in a router table top I have seen, and a use for that tenon jig I own and have never used.

Sounds like a trap...:D

Ayup!!

Tried that one before and she caught on...don't want to get permanent shop time either. :D:rofl:

but then again that could backfire quite badly larry, and he would wind up spending the weekend shopping... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My solution for that was to go to a gun store for every store she wanted to go to. Eventually the girls and Lou Ann quit asking me to go. Now I go because I don't want Lou Ann by herself and we have a mutual agreement on the number of stores to hit on one outing!

We have a mutual agreement about shopping too...I don't go. By the end she will be more miserable than me, she knows not to try it again. :D;)

I will paint a part of my shop wall that before was a huge window and had it condemned, I needed more wall room and this has been the best solution.

Don't yell at me yet, there is still another huge window and a complete end wall made of glass, so no fear of loosing natural light, although as it is oriented to the east I need artificial light pretty soon in the day as my shop it is quite deep.

Once painted, back to work on my seven drawer dresser which is close to completion:)