It's not a pregloat.....It's official....

Got home from work last night.....2 UPS delivered packages........My new Jamieson hollowing rig.....video on it's use......and new dial calipers........Guess how I'm spending my weekend?

j1.JPG

(PS I had hoped when I saw the title of this thread, that you had put the down payment on something Mustard!)

Stu....something mustard may have to wait. My periodontist and dentist dropped $7,000-10,000 bomb on me last week. I don't know if I'll be able to do it this year. You know I want to buy it! Teeth or tools????????Teeth or tools????? It's a tough decision!

Stu....something mustard may have to wait. My periodontist and dentist dropped $7,000-10,000 bomb on me last week. I don't know if I'll be able to do it this year. You know I want to buy it! Teeth or tools????????Teeth or tools????? It's a tough decision!

What, no medical? :huh:

So what expensive hobby do your periodontist and dentist have that they need to do that much work on your old choppers?

Too bad you can't turn them teeth :D

Oh well, not like you don't have a lathe to play with, the bigger one will just have to wait a bit, give you time to look for a deal.... :thumb:

Cheers!

no teeth, food bills are lower.......;)

no teeth, food bills are lower.......;)
You really are a hillbilly, huh Tod? :rofl:

Congrats on the new hollowing rig, Ken. :thumb: I'll be looking forward to seeing the end results from it. I got a note a few days ago informing me that my rig is now built and is on its way to me.

Which one did you get Vaughn?
I ordered the MHFL (Monster Hollow Form with Laser), down towards the bottom of this page. I started out looking at the Jamieson rig (and a few other similar ones), and by the time I got the various tools and the laser I'd have spent about as much as the MHFL kit.

My MIL asked what tool I wanted for Christmas, and since I already own about everything I need that's in her price range, I let her split the cost with me on the rig, which I'd been putting off purchasing due to its price. The Monster tools were recommended to me by several guys whose work I admire, and they're hand-made by a machinist who's into woodturning. Monster Tools is definitely a mom and pop operation...when you order or ask questions, the e-mail replies are from the guy who's actually making the tools for you. And they're shipped by his wife. I'll be sure to post a 'show and tell' when they arrive, and a review of the tools after I've had a chance to use them.

Looks like you, Stu and me will be having a fun spring of 2007 learning to make hollow stuff. ;) [Edited to add Dario to that motley crew of new hollowers.]