hard maple between points giving me problems

I couldnt go near the lathe today, I have dozens of pen kits, I just decided to put some space and time in between me and that thing.
I started another table. I really got to get going on pens, my wife has gifted out(planned to gift out) a whole bunch of them, and at the show yesterday, the slimline, plain ole wood, were 20 bucks each.
I dont know if he sold any.

back to work, turning and turning and keep tryin, Ill get it right in 100 years

Yeah, but I have fun .
Glued up all the shorts of mahogany I had laying around.....and made 4 nice 2x2 blanks 18 inches long so I can build my next sofa table.
Im using that mystery wood for aprons and top, I think it will compliment the reddish-brown of the mahogany once I put oil based poly on it.
I do use calipers, just not getting it right yet.( Im trying to keep it as simple as possible incorporating some curves)
I havent done any final sanding to ease the squared edges into the curved section.I expect to make the transition from round to flat all even looking at same heights, easy enough with sandpaper)
I notice two of them are thinnner, and knew and tried to respin one, didnt work out, so I left it alone. (I tapered all 4 leg sides approx 1/4 inch narrower from bottom)
Im enjoying the work, I believe experience along with alot of practice will get me there one day.
I tried to get a close up with clarity so it will show differences.

Attachments

• wood stuff 1453 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1453 (Medium).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 21
  • wood stuff 1454 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1454 (Medium).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 19
  • wood stuff 1455 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1455 (Medium).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 20
  • wood stuff 1457 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1457 (Medium).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Allen, once those are on the corners and not side by side, no one but you will notice any difference. (I didn't with them side by side:dunno:)

:thumb: