Missy's Bookcase

Ron Roase

The girl next door wanted me to make her a Bookcase that she could hang on the wall. So I started searching over all my left over (from other jobs) materials. This is not a big job or a difficult one. But I never have taken pictures while in progress. So Just thought you may be interested in the procedure that I used.
I first found some clear pine for the face frame and ripped the rails & stiles to width.
Ripping Face frame pieces.JPG
Then I cut the pieces to the proper length.
Cutting to length.JPG
Next I put the bit for makeing the groove in the router and all pieces get a groove on the back side.
Groove back side of FF.JPG
They are all laid out so you can see the grooves
FF with grooves.JPG
Next comes the pocket holes in the rails.
Pocket Hole the Rails.JPG
Then I glued up the ends of the rails and attached them to the stiles,making sure that the grooves are to the out side edges of the stiles and that the grooves in the top rail is near the top edge and the bottom rail the groove must be away from the bottom edge,so as to leave room for the floor.
Attaching Rails to Stiles.JPG
At this point I sanded all joints smooth and flush.
Sand all Joints Flush & smooth.JPG
I then routed the tounges on the sides of the case.
Tounges Routed on Sides of Carcase.JPG
Checked with a dry fit first and all was good so then glue up was in order.
Carcase is now glued into FF.JPG GLUE UP CLAMPED AND HELD SQUARE.JPG
There is a nailer that is put in at the top of the back That has a groove in the bottom edge,that groove accepts the back of the case,there are also grooves in the back edge of each side to retain the back as well so there is only a few screws at the very bottom.:D:thumb:

Hope I am doing this right, but I had 2 more picture to add, and could just get 10 in the first go around, Not that they are all that great but at least you can see how it turned out
Bookcase Compleated 1.JPG

Bookcase Compleated 2.JPG
She is going to paint it anyway so It didn't need to have expensive wood.
Getts cofusing some times to remember if I took a picture of all that I should have. :dunno::D