remodel job

The one most difficult piece, in my mind, would be that rising, curving rail. I'm having a hard time getting my mind around how to get that done.

The three dogleg balusters are interesting... :)

Bet that staircase was EXPENSIVE.

Great job Tod!:thumb::thumb: I was starting to miss your projects which are always a source of motivation to me.

Some questions if I may, on the first pic, that bag is some sort of pressure bag to glue the curved side on the sides?.

In a project of this magnitude, you make all the plans and everything or you follow the orders or drawings of an architech or decorator?

What wood and stain did you use? It looks like oak from here

If you turned all those posts, I understand very well your post about not finding fun in turning.;)

Tod, you really are a 'Master' honestly, that is a thrill to look at.

I just showed my wife Emiko and she was so very impressed, and wants to add her thanks to you.

If you don't mind me asking, start to finish, how long a job was this?

Expensive, darn tooting, and to the right client, worth every penny :thumb:

Outstanding!

thanks ya`ll!

toni,
the "bag" is a vacuum bag that i use to glue thin plys back together around a form.........in this case the existing substructure and drywall.
plans?...:eek:........i just built to what was there...one hurdle was radiant heat in the floor.......setting the start newl was kinda interesting:eek:
stain.....yup outta the jug minwax red oak.
and yup again turners are a little off;)

stu,
i haven`t crunched the numbers yet so can`t give you an hour count but the job was about 20 miles from the shop....home was occupied....couldn`t work in the rain, (wet year here).......enough excuses! about 5-1/2 months!:eek:
more than double what a "carryout" package takes if built in the shop.

i`m really ready to get back to furniture!:rolleyes:

another excellent job TOD:thumb::thumb: and after seeing some your work up close at least i am able to get alittle better feel of how you do things and think:):D:thumb: the dog leg spindles were unique..how thick is the risers laminated as well? or solid and then bent. that one big batch of clamps yu needed for this one..