Wet Sharpener Question

Sean Wright

Does any one have either the Tormek T-7 or the Jet JSSG-10 Slow Speed Wet Sharpener?

What do you like or dislike about either model? Good features or problems you have had with them.

My Woodcraft store is looking to purchase one for our class room, and we aren't sure which way to go.

Thank you!

I have the T-7 and love it. It's far too expensive, but I was lucky and found one used. I think the Jet would do a comparable job (same with the Grizzly clone, although some of them are reported to have some wheel wobble), but from all I've read, the Tormek jigs are where the real difference lies. I know some folks have the Jet or Griz grinders, but then they buy the Tormek jigs to go with them.

Woodcraft has received plenty of my money they should be able to afford the Tormec...:doh::rofl::thumb::eek::):D:dunno:

Unfortunatly my store is a privately owned franchise that has only been running for about a year, in a very rough economy. The store owners are paying for things themselves, so price is one of the factors that needs to be considered.

Sean, Which way did you guys decide to go?

Seriously tempted to go grizz myself, with theirs being on sale and free shipping right now.

I know you wouldn't get the grizz, but I'm assuming the grizz and the Jet are pretty similar...

Last edited: