Delta 16/32 Drum Sander help needed

Chip Charnley

It appears that I have toasted the small motor which runs the wood through the sander. Motor shop here in town says they can't fix it unless they can find a new armature which they haven't been able to do. Anyone know where I can get said armature or a replacement motor (new or used)?

It seems B&D wants $312 for a replacement motor and that is almost as much as I paid for the whole sander used a couple years ago.

Hey, good thought Don. Somehow I doubt it due to the specialized nature of the motor but it's worth a shot; especially as I get a pretty good discount there as a Ford employee.

Thanks.

If it's anything like the driver motor on mine, it's anything but specialized. They're VERY general-purpose, and they're VERY common. eBay might be an excellent place to pick up a replacement.

Without going out to measure, I'm nearly positive that's a NEMA 34 motor.

Unfortunately, my understanding from the motor guy here in town, the exact opposite is true of this Delta motor. The motor and gearing are in a single self-contained unit that is quite unique.

Pop us a photo or two of it? I can nearly guarantee we can find you a suitable replacement, and for less money than you think.

EDIT: It's this motor, right? The one in the lower right corner?

303ab1x.jpg

Last edited: