Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Los Angeles

Hi from Los Angeles

Just wanted to say hi.

I just joined the forum. My name is Jesper and I live in Los Angeles area.
    I started getting interested in woodworking about a year ago and have collected a few tools, but havent really build anything yet and it will be a while before I can get back into the garage since we just had a daughter 2 month ago

But, I still read some train forums (a big model train fan) and a couple of wood working forums almost daily, just to get my daily fix..

Jesper

Welcome to Family Woodworking. A great bunch of people, but we definitely need more Californians.

What part of LA are you in?

Cheers,
    Dan Gonzales
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Dona nobis pacem

Welcome Jasper. I would think with a 2 month old baby that the garage might be a great place to catch some sleep.

Welcome to the family Jesper!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Ah, another member from the land of no weather. Its November, right? It must be, it was a chilly 72* today. Welcome aboard.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

SoCal in da house. Welcome aboard, Jesper. I'm up on the edge of town in Tujunga. We've got other members scattered around the LA area, too. Always room for another.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thanks for the welcome. I'm located in Simi Valley. I have a 2 1/2 car garage (it is called a 3 car, but no way you can fit 3 cars in there) where I have the 1 stall, approx 16x11' for my workshop. So far I have a tablesaw, router with table, miter saw and a dust collector plus the basic hand tools, not much yet, but I will get the tools as I need them.

After I bought my table saw and dust collector (and had 220V installed) I had to promise my wife that I would build somehting before buying any more tools, so ... hmmm

Jesper

Welcome Jesper, good to have you here And congrats on the youngin, they sure are a blessing

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Welcome and please post a shop tour, my shop was 10x20 but now it's a little bit bigger. Oh did I say we like picture.We do have the picture police and remember no pix it didn't happen. Oh yea remember one more thing ...we like pictures.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by jesper kristiansen View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm located in Simi Valley. I have a 2 1/2 car garage (it is called a 3 car, but no way you can fit 3 cars in there) where I have the 1 stall, approx 16x11' for my workshop. So far I have a tablesaw, router with table, miter saw and a dust collector plus the basic hand tools, not much yet, but I will get the tools as I need them.

After I bought my table saw and dust collector (and had 220V installed) I had to promise my wife that I would build somehting before buying any more tools, so ... hmmm

Jesper
    You have plenty tools to get out of trouble with the wife. Cutting boards, trinket (or jewelry) boxes, bookcases, beds, tables...the list is almost endless. And we're all here to help if you get stumped on anything.

I'm going to be a bit east of you in Northridge the last weekend of November and the first weekend of December. I'll be selling some turned things at a Holiday Market in an empty Linens and Things building across from the Northridge Mall. If you're in the area either weekend, it'd be great to meet you. I'll post more specific details about the location a few days prior.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com