Intarsia wood working

Don Baer

Staff member
Larry PM'd me and asked me what I use my scrollsaw for. Well I forgot to mention some of my future plans. For those of you who are scrollers you might want to look at this web site. It has free plans that you can down load. I've always been facinated by this as a way to inhance some furniture. Although my plate is full right now I an plannning on doing some in the future. But be carful, as it is another vortex you might fall into.:D:rofl:
Enjoy.

I tried that for a while, you will need a couple more types of sanders. 1" wide belt sander and a long shaft that will take a horizontal drum. Mine is about 9" long and is soft rubber under the sandpaper for some of the fine sanding needed on many of the pieces. Also I found that a dremel tool was great for some extra little acsents. But it is a lot of fun and can be time consuming as well.:D:thumb:

I have been interested in the same thing and picked up a scroll saw. I will warn you that there is an accompanied disease involved!!!

When I am out sawing firewood I am constantly looking at wood grain and struggling with this voice in my head that keeps saying, "oooh that piece is really neat looking, just look at the color and wild grain, Yah just have to save that one". This sort of disease is related to the vortex kind of thing. It might be the same disease! Every time I cut wood I see bowl and pen blanks.

I'm not sure how to cure these hallucinations. They are causing domestic problems
My wife gets tired of a cold house and goes out to my "saved wood block" pile and when I'm not looking chucks valuable figured and spalted wood into the maw of the starving fire beast.

I really need to go cut some plain Jane wood like elm or ash. (I just hope that ash isn't curly)