Mahogany legs turned on lathe, mahogany drawer fronts, used the same piece of wood for drawer fronts, funny, they dont look the same.
Used the mystery wood for top and aprons. (lumber guy still insists it was one of the rosewood families, I brought it into the light to shoot a picture)
The top is very pinkish with brown-black lines going lengthwise.
It looks nice, Im not losing sleep over what kind of wood it is, I paid under a 1.00 a bf, Im thrilled.(its very hard, sanding will be slow)
I had some 1/2 birch ply laying around, so I used it for the 2 small drawers.
Im sorry I used bottom cheap slides(stuff I have laying around), I should have used a bottom center slide.
I thought about spicing up the drawer joints, by putting in walnut plugs, for the look, but it wasnt necessary, they are really not seen. Eventually I learn how to dovetail.
Simple joinery, pocket screws, and my second mistake was using what I had laying around planed for the drawer runners. I used white oak, could not get a screw in them easily, its so hard.Stripped 3 screws before I found different ones.
This is the unit before I cut down the top(Im putting a slight arch on sides, as per advice received here, I will flip my mdf router template so I only use one arch so each side will be similar)
It needs a good sanding, I havent done much with sanding , but this is it before I cut down the top. Just hoping I dont mess the top up.
Thanx to those that steered me in the right direction as far as cutting arc sides.
Ill probably put some type of pre finisher on it, to even out any finish, then I might forgo stain and just hand wipe on poly.