Butterfly Ornaments { For Door Prizes }

I made 15 Walnut Butterfly Ornaments for door prizes for the December Meeting/ supper of The Compassionate Friends . This is a non-profit group that helps and aids people that have lost loved ones due to Cancer. My wife is a member , she ask the president last year if I could help in any way and of course yes was the answer . I hope that the drawing winners will like them :dunno:........The Butterfly means a new beginning.......

Attachments

• BUTTERFLY ORNAMENTS - 200944 (Small).JPG
    BUTTERFLY ORNAMENTS - 200944 (Small).JPG
    42 KB · Views: 54
  • BUTTERFLY ORNAMENTS - 20093 (Small).JPG
    BUTTERFLY ORNAMENTS - 20093 (Small).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 59
  • BUTTERFLY ORNAMENTS - 20092 (Small).JPG
    BUTTERFLY ORNAMENTS - 20092 (Small).JPG
    69 KB · Views: 56
That's some nice scroll sawin there. Any tree worth it's decorations would love to have one of those hanging on it! :santa:

nice work marshall,, what size of blade did youuse on those? and where do you get your blades from?

Hey there Larry , I use only one kind Flying Dutchman Blades { I've used just about every kind on the market } on this project I used the # 1 . I usually cut at least three at a time that 1/4" material , when using BB 1/8" plywood material I'll cut 5 at a time . I have cut 5 - 1/4" at a time but its a little harder to do ....:type: P.S. I buy my blades from Mike
s workshop on-line , these are made in Germany and as far as I'm concerned there the best on the market { just my opinion }

Last edited:
Beatiful butterflies, I'm sure that those who get them will appreciate them a lot.
And a good action as well, nowadays world needs more of that.:thumb: