Caught by the Mustard Monster bug!!

Keith Palmer

Well, I have found that I truly got sucked into this vortex. I just ordered the monster with 18" extension kit from Sean at Toolnut.

I have been reading alot of the posts over the last few weeks of which lathe to buy and found that this will best replace my 1949 shopsmith for turning. The shopsmith gave me a great taste of woodturning, but I am tired of fighting its weaknesses.

I just can't wait to see the delivery truck in the driveway!!

I ordered the 3520B. Without the extionsion on it, it will actually take up less space than my shopsmith! But I got the extension so I could go bigger if needed. Space is a crunch in my 24 x 24 shop since my other hobby is hotrods. I really need to work on that addition the seperate the two!

Woo-hoo! Congrats, and welcome to Club Mustard. :thumb: I think you'll like the PM just a little better than the ShopSmith. :D

now thats mustard!!!! go for you keith.. if i were ever to get really ill and fall down and not get back up it would be a that one... vaughn and many others have shown me the right way, i just havent fell:)

Congrats on the new lathe Keith. Our turning club owns one and it sure is nice. :thumb:

Do I detect just a little bit of Larry opening up to the vortex? :huh: Come-on guys & gals, we need to help Larry over the edge. :rofl:

Aloha, Tony :cool:

now thats mustard!!!! go for you keith.. if i were ever to get really ill and fall down and not get back up it would be a that one... vaughn and many others have shown me the right way, i just havent fell yet :eek:

Wow stepping up from a shopslith to the big yellow. Thats like stepping up from a VW to a hummer
Congrats and if your work improves as much as your lathe upgrade them I expect to see some awesome pieces.

Good choice. I'm sure you will love it almost as much as you would if it were a green Grizzly. :rofl::rofl:
Sorry, couldn't resist. The PMs are fine machines. I've used a friends and am always impressed with it's massiveness.

Hold it!

Question?

When did being popular with Larry become a good thing?:huh:

Back on topic:

Congrats on the new lathe! I have one and love it!

I had a doctor friend drop by 3 weeks ago. He was shopping for a replacement for the Rockwell lathe he inherited from his FIL. He drove my PM for 2 hours and left. I saw him last weekend when he returned my Alan Lacer video. I asked him if he had a new lathe yet? He replied CSUSA shipped and he had accepted delivery on PM3520B. I asked if he'd looked at Oneway, Serious, Robust....his reply.... It's hard to justify the price difference once you can afford a PM.