Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jiggs Puzzle rocker - small gloat + all the plans

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Jiggs Puzzle rocker - small gloat + all the plans

what a guy, I thought he was going to send me the patern so I could put it in sketchup and look what the postal service showed up with today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture of chair.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	39426
    Jiggs you shouldn't have but my grandaughters gonna love it. I guess that I have now excuse not to finish the drawings now.
    Thanks Jiggs
    Last edited by Don Baer; 11-26-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

This is great!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Very cool, and what a guy Jiggs is!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

what a guy!
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

I thought I had all the demensions but every time I find I mist something I have to go into the house and measure it, she won't let me have it back.

Once I get a coat of finish on it, I'll take a picture of her in it. That is if she''l let me have it long enough to finish.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Butte Montana which is 1/2 way between Purgatory and Heaven

Jiggs Puzzle rocker - small gloat

Enjoy!! I just wish I was fortunate enough to have grandchildren, I'd love to see their faces and smiles.

By the way don't take this wrong but are you aware that if you were to print those files full size they are the full size pattern. Just trace them out on the stock and cut.

Jiggs Elphison

What a deal. Good show men.

I have gotten the connector and key printed out full size on 3 sheets of paper and taped together. I may try and get some more done over the weekend. Next week is all tied up with Thanksgiving and such.

Garry
    Last edited by Garry Foster; 11-20-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs Elphison View Post
    Enjoy!! I just wish I was fortunate enough to have grandchildren, I'd love to see their faces and smiles.

By the way don't take this wrong but are you aware that if you were to print those files full size they are the full size pattern. Just trace them out on the stock and cut.

Jiggs Elphison
    Jiggs, I'll post a picture of her in it with her big smile. Yes I was awaare that the jpegs are full size. I am doing the prints with demesion for those who prefer to work off of prints.

The seat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	39427

The seat.skp

I didn't bother with the radius's on the top. Just use whater paint/varnish cans you got laying around.

Butte Montana which is 1/2 way between Purgatory and Heaven

Jiggs Puzzle rocker - small gloat + the plans

Hey Don, That's FANTASTIC - can't wait for the rest of the parts so I can go make one.

Hope your serious about the picture, I'm looking forward to it.

Oh I guess I forgot to tell everyone based on what I've been told by people that have these, they have problems getting the kids to relinquish them.

Another problem is that once they learn to take them apart, but haven't learn to put them back together, they will take it apart and beg, cry and yell for you to put it back together. Then approximately 2 minutes later the cycle starts all over.

Another hint, make extra keys. They seem to disappear. They seem to fit perfectly through the grates on floor registers.

Jiggs Elphison