Thread: Suggestions on a use?

Suggestions on a use?

Hi All, Yea it's me again. As i have the new Buffing system i had to try it with some purple heart. I was going to make another hollowed out potporie this time out of this stuff ( or at least attempt it). I have done a few before with different material but wasn't ready for this stuff. Long story short I have settled for a heavy candy dish, or...... Could be something else I am open to suggestions. Actually it was just to get the hang of the buffing system and it worked out pretty good Oh yea i buffed the christmas decoration too and took a pic of it finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PH candy bowl 004.JPG   PH candy bowl 005.JPG   PH candy bowl 009.JPG   Christmas orniments 004.JPG  
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Looks good Drew!

Maybe a place to put your spare change......... oh wait, you own a lathe, you don't have any spare change anymore
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Yea Stu isn't that the truth. Right now I have mints in it at my desk.

I ran into one of the members of the guild today and he said that in reality this is a $20,000 hobby. I will admit that dispite all the costs it is by far worth every cent. This reminds me when I first got into construction. every day was fun learning something new everyday the only difference is that with this it is not the same thing every day. The wood actually talks with me and today the Purple heart talked back to me and it was mutually agreed that it wouldn't be a potpori but a bowl instead. It was a short discussion but it won, .... Today. Tomorrow it will be a different story
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Both look good Drew. Really nice finish on both.

Yep I thought about a bowl for my change once but well you know....no change to put in it.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

The buffing system DOES make a difference, especially on nice pieces like those~

Bruce
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"