Australian Pine { Name Plates }

I've made like 22 name plates for Christmas presents this year for some of my cousins and the motorcycle name Plates is for my sept-son and I finally got them all stained , poly-ed and here they are . I made them out of Australian Pine 4"x4" s that I got at work , we get them in wire bonds and there free and I have stocked up on them :thumb: . I used Steve Good's pattern printer to do the patterns and what a great big help for me . They had told me that the wood is Australian Pine { I just took there word for it } :) . Now this doesn't cover all my cousins and my wife's cousins but I made other things for the rest of them . I try to pick one certain group of mine or my wife's family each year to make something for them as said this year is the cousins , next year who knows :dunno: . Tell me what you think ............Marshall :wave:

Attachments

• NAME PLATES - XMAS 20091 (Small).JPG
    NAME PLATES - XMAS 20091 (Small).JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 47
  • NAME PLATES - XMAS 20092 (Small).JPG
    NAME PLATES - XMAS 20092 (Small).JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 38
  • NAME PLATES - XMAS 20093 (Small).JPG
    NAME PLATES - XMAS 20093 (Small).JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 36
  • NAME PLATES - XMAS 20094 (Small).JPG
    NAME PLATES - XMAS 20094 (Small).JPG
    50 KB · Views: 31
  • NAME PLATES - XMAS 20095 (Small).JPG
    NAME PLATES - XMAS 20095 (Small).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 32
  • NAME PLATES - XMAS 20096 (Small).JPG
    NAME PLATES - XMAS 20096 (Small).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 23
  • NAME PLATES - XMAS 20098 (Small).JPG
    NAME PLATES - XMAS 20098 (Small).JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 27
glad its you, instead of me making all of those i would have mispelt most of them and had to start over:) thats a bunch of scrollwork there.. nice work marshall:D

I really like that. I've been trying to work through my head how to make number sign for my house. I want it to be big and backlit with some solar recharged lights. Doing this kind of scroll sawn plaques looks like just the ticket.

Thanks for the idea!

I think they are pretty nice. What ScrollSaw do you use?'
Thanks
Garry

Garry I use the big yellow machine { Dewalt model 788 } :thumb: and I have worked it hard for over three years now . Wore out a Craftsman 16" scrollsaw , but it took about 8 years to do it . But now I didn't wear the saw out itself just wore out the jaws that holds the blades , still use it for fine detail sanding .......Thanks for such nice comments .........Marshall :type: