Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got to break the addiction

got to break the addiction

I recently joined DP Review forum. The DP stands for digital photography. This may very well be one of the largest forums anywhere on the 'net. Takes a bit of a learning curve to use but is loaded with useful information. And, thus far, the people on it are level headed and intelligent. I left another photo forum because of so much juvenile snobbery.
    But, DP sucks the user into it's vortex worse than wood spinning.
    Time can pass and the only clue I have been at it too long is when my posterior starts getting sore.
    My shop misses me.
    Just a little time at DP then........
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Just get organized Frank.
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday FWW, Tuesday and Thursday DP, Weekend shoptime with stops to take pics to practice your just acquired photography skills and post them here on Sunday night.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    Just get organized Frank.
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday FWW, Tuesday and Thursday DP, Weekend shoptime with stops to take pics to practice your just acquired photography skills and post them here on Sunday night.
    71+ years and "organized" has never been part of my lifestyle. It's a project here, a job there, something else elsewhere, six things going at once and twenty more waiting.
    I did pull away from DP after about 30 min. today though.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    71+ years and "organized" has never been part of my lifestyle. It's a project here, a job there, something else elsewhere, six things going at once and twenty more waiting.
    Then... maybe it is only the initial interest that will fade away so don't worry.

As per being organized, we say here "old dogs don't learn new tricks" (no offence intended) but I truly believe that there is always a chance for change.

Maybe you are organized in your own way..
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

sounds organized enough for me.
    Last edited by allen levine; 11-24-2009 at 02:36 AM.

I have totally organized piles of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    Then... maybe it is only the initial interest that will fade away so don't worry.

As per being organized, we say here "old dogs don't learn new tricks" (no offence intended) but I truly believe that there is always a chance for change.

Maybe you are organized in your own way..
    Actually, I'm not as bad as I make myself sound. My shop, while kinda dusty, is organized very well, everything at hand where I want it. I do my own laundry and am near OCD about rolling up and putting away underwear and hanging my shirts 'just so', etc. OTOH, my so-called office and desk is in a perpetual state of looking like a hurricane hit it. (right, Rennie?) Piles of papers with notes and whatever everywhere. But, I can stick my hand into the desk pile and pull out a three year old note I need for whatever article I am writing at the moment. In shop, I do keep several projects going at a time. Dunno why just the way it is.

it's a jungle out there....
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

I'm just a few years younger and I've been organized for years...'course my last boss called it "organized Chaos"...... still my preferred organization method.
    I hated to file so I would wind up with about a hundred file folders stacked on or around my desk... I could find any file I wanted, unless someone was standing there wanting the file right then.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

I haven't spent a lot of time over on DP Review Frank. You think that is a big one...give this a shot (or is that the one you left. ).
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault