Made a smoother on Sat

Good plane Don.:thumb:

My only doubt is how on earth you manage to get woodshavings from a marble slat, or is it some spalted unknown wood?No doubt why they are so short!:rofl::rofl:

S-m-o-o-o-o-th.........:thumb:

Actually, very nice. I'm really enjoying watching how much you guys enjoy your planes. Planes ain't my thang and I don't understand why y'all git so warm and fuzzy over 'em. But, I believe, wat ever floats yer stick....go fer it.

S-m-o-o-o-o-th.........:thumb:

Actually, very nice. I'm really enjoying watching how much you guys enjoy your planes. Planes ain't my thang and I don't understand why y'all git so warm and fuzzy over 'em. But, I believe, wat ever floats yer stick....go fer it.

FRank,
You know the feeling you get when yopur turning, getting those nice curlies. Well, with a plane you can get currlies and the onlu sound you here is the soft swoosh swoosh as the plan passes over the piece.

Okay Don you have me all excited here but you very scarce on the info and pics. Lets have some of that throat from the top and the bottom. Then which LV blade did you use. I see two spindles in the construction pic where were they used? You cant do show and tell of a plane build and be so scarce on the info with guys like Toni and me around Don.;):D:thumb: We need it blow by blow all broken down and we need to see the wood you planed before and after. What about chipbreaker? Angles etc. more more more more ......:rofl:

The Iron I got at woodcraft. Cost $20.The angle of the Iron is 50 degrees, why ? because I wanted to try it. After cutting the angle for the Iron I took off a wedge at 10 degrees from the front piece this became the wedge. I then use the band saw to cut the notch in the front piece. No chip breaker. What else do you need to know? I got the Idea for the throat from our friend from Perth. I kinda like the looks of it. After glue up I flatened the sole by running it through my planne. Then shaped the handles on the band saw using a 1/4" blade.