Florida Governor Pen

Pete Simmons

Here is part of a newspaper article about Florida Homeowner Insurance.

----------------------

About 100 Brevard residents loaded onto two chartered buses at about 3 a.m. Thursday morning for the six-hour drive to the state capital to protest during a special session on insurance reform.
According to Rep. Bob Allen, R-Merritt Island, the buses and a catered lunch were paid for by the Brevard County Republican Executive Committee and Brevard County Realtors.
The protesters wore T-shirts that read "FIX OUR INSURANCE NOW!" and buttons declaring "INSURANCE REFORM NOW!"
They came from Barefoot Bay, Melbourne Beach, Suntree and Titusville. Each of them has seen their insurance premiums double, triple and, even, quadruple.
They gave Crist a petition with about 3,500 signatures, demanding relief. Bob Buckley of Suntree gave the governor a pen emblazoned with Crist's name.

-------------------

I made and engraved the pen and pen case!!

It was not a Stars & Stripes pen ( see woodpenman.com ) but the box was engraved with the pledge, flag and his name. The pen ( American Cherry - Plat Baron ) Had his name on it.

-----------------
I just got a call from the guy who handed the Governor the pen.

He was in the Senate chamber and summed up the trip to over 500 people and he says about 300 reporters.

He held up the pen and read the pledge from the pen case and the inside which was about Fla Insurance and was invited down on the floor where he handed the pen to the Governor. He then closed by saying " Please use this pen to sign the new insurance laws."

Last edited:
No Pics yet.

No pictures yet but maybe someone in the group got a picture as he was handed it.

With Ken Nelsens ( Kallenshaan Woods ) help I have made quite a few Stars & Stripes pens. Two of my customers for those were 2 guys named Bush. George and Jeb.

So...... 2 Governors and a President - Yes I am a very proud pen maker.

I still buy the Stars & Stripes kits from Ken even since I got my laser.

Why?

1. It would take a lot of time to set up and get it correct.
2. It is Kens idea.
3. Ken is a nice guy to work with.

Wow Pete, that is really neat.

I wonder if you could get a signature by one of them signed with one of your pens, now that would be cool!

(PS, I edited out the <P> from you first post, hope you don't mind)

Cheers!