Finally arrived

Hey Drew, I'm just pulling your leg :D

I'm from Kelowna, and as you say, it is a dry cold ;) heck freezing means it is time to put on a long sleeved shirt is all :wave:

I know what you mean about humid and cold, I lived in Vancouver for 5 years, and even here in Tokyo, it is a LOT more humid than Kelowna, and 5C here is cold!

Besides that, you are turning for enjoyment, and if your fingers are freezing, it no longer is fun.

Looks like a good set up! :thumb:

No worries Stu. Most people just think that because we live on the coast and are the garden city that we have tropical weather. It does get cold here for a few months. The last few years we have had the el nino and have had very mild winters. This year it seems to be just a little colder early.

Yea Stu I have poor circulation in the hands when it gets cold and standing at the lathe for hrs can get a little chilly. Most people would call me nuts for standing an a cold shop playing, But then I scuba dive in fridged waters and i think that is fun.

I had other ideas in my head as to how i wanted to set it up but this ended up being the solution. I have a couple of hundred pounds of finished cherry ( from a past job) maple cedar and assortments of tropical woods over my head now. One day I will return to doing some of the flat work projects that I should do but this is a welcome distraction. I am thinking of building something on the back wall to hold all the misc lathe stuff that I have on the concrete shelf and putting a shelf under the lathe to hold more turning supplies. Lots to still do.