a panoramic view of the new shop

000_0004.jpg

from right to left...material storage, band saw rip, jointer 2 sides, moulder (aka the pig) to dimension all 4 sides plus notch for the t-slot. Radial arm to cut to length, hidden behind the dust collector is the t-slot station.

Then the new toy... the auto-shaper (dwarfs the pig) to cut the curve. 2 shaper heads and a sanding head. It will do 3 pieces each time around. Rough cut, finish cut and fine sand. :thumb:

000_0005-1.jpg

The shaper will be phased out when the new auto shaper comes on line. Then off to the sander, edges then ends, stamper for the logo, drill for leather strap...dip'em and ship'em. :D

Oh and the CNC.

Gee Craig don't your legs get tired walking all the way around that shop? See Stu if you dug down you could have a shop that big too.:rolleyes: Neighbors would never know.:rofl:

Beautiful shop Craig, Love the space. What is the business that your in?

Wonderful pictures Craig. Even more inspiring to me is to see you expanding and doing it in the USA.

What other products you going to make? Or does the demand for your cauls meet the output of the new machine?

Thanks for the great comments and questions.

Larry I'm quite pleased with the Rikon. I don't need a wide throat but I do need a 1'' blade for ripping, so this works well. But I'm still the one doing the cutting, hopefully when the shop is full of employees it will still hold up.

And yes, I have big plans... This business is my hobby (I used to have a sailboat:rolleyes:). But if I can ever stop buying machines I might be able to advertise...:rolleyes: And then people would know that this product exists in the world. :wave: But my plan is to see them sold wherever woodworking tools are sold. I have no reason to believe otherwise (I've seen your clamp racks:D... and I here those Bessey children go to only the finest private schools:rofl:) So in order to have the confidence to say to anybody "How many do you need?"... and leave room for mark-up etc... I've decided to put the proverbial cart way ahead of the horse.:huh:

But I decided along time ago that IF this were to be a success story... It would be an American success story... or not at all. So for the moment my legs get a little tired, but I can insert an employee at each station and move material through the shop...without conflict. And run 3 shifts if need be.:rolleyes:

And Frank... I recently bought a new camera...nothing special I'm sure...$150 Kodak. I no nothing about photography. I just flipped the switch to panoramic and it walked me right through. I don't even read directions. :doh: It's all in the technology I guess.:dunno:

Hopefully I didn't miss any questions. And thank you all for your support. :thumb:

Craig said: "And Frank... I recently bought a new camera...nothing special I'm sure...$150 Kodak. I no nothing about photography. I just flipped the switch to panoramic and it walked me right through. I don't even read directions. It's all in the technology I guess."

Neat. Yeppers, technology is great. :thumb:

nice shop, which hobby is more rewarding?

btw, if you restore a 50 footer, you can kill two birds with one stone.
(the guy I buy wood from docks his restored boat close by his shop in Queens, along the east river)

Wow...I've been trying to answer that question for days... I guess it's a lot like asking "which one of your kids do you like best?" :rofl: Both have been incredibly rewarding, and if one doesn't kill me the other one will. :rolleyes: