going through withdrawal

allen levine

Even though Im wiping a few more coats onto the last table I made, I have shut down my garage for the winter months.
I started ripping down the wallpaper in my house, a job with painting and minor alterations should take me over a year to do.
I find myself sitting in the garage looking at my planer and jointer, and I dont remember how I got in there.
I sit and plan out builds looking at my wood piles and start thinking up measurements in my head for something I wont go near for 2 years.

This withdrawal is tough. I almost took an old vice this morning and tried to make it into a pen vice to drill some blanks, but my wife called me and asked how the paper ripping was coming along, so I snapped out of it.

Turning, flatwork, this is an addiction worse than drugs.

am i hearing you correctly that your gonna be on house work for 2 years and your tools are setting idle??? if so allen yu better grease them up good actually wax as well.:huh::huh:

am i hearing you correctly that your gonna be on house work for 2 years and your tools are setting idle??? if so allen yu better grease them up good actually wax as well.:huh::huh:

Ill be cutting down pieces of wood and railings, moldings, will take a few minutes here or there for a pen or two, but no major projects until Im done with ripping, painting, a bit of minor construction, floors(not me) painting, moldings.
I will go give them a good waxing next week.

It always amazes me if half the it's her fault stories I hear are true when it comes to excuses for not spending time in the shop.

Heck the LOML wants me to have a bigger shop as much as she wants her house and sewing shop. She knows when this all happens she is going to have furniture made for that house.

I am about ready to put my hunting gear up and pull out the art materials.

I need to get in to the mind set for long hours of sitting and creating and my mind is starting to push the act of hunting out and craving the art side of hunting. I been working on the painting in my head for a year now and there wanting to jump out on the canvas. I keep saying soon it will happen.