New & looking forward...

Tom Muellner

Hi all. I'm new from central WI. I'm still trying to navigate the site, and found this spot after I already posted a pic in the hand tools section, so I've already got things turned around...but I'll get it figured out. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Turning???

Thanks for the warm welcome, but what's all this "turning" talk???
Someone locally told me I should be turning wood, so I tried. I got me a really cool board & I looked at it, and then I turned it over...and then I looked at that side...then I turned it over again & looked again...and again...and again. Frankly, I just don't seem to understand why so many guys get so excited over this.

It seems kinda boring & no matter how many times I turned it, the board stayed the same...no bowl...no spindle...no candle stick...nothing. Oh well, there's something for everybody. -Tom

Thanks for the warm welcome, but what's all this "turning" talk???
Someone locally told me I should be turning wood, so I tried. I got me a really cool board & I looked at it, and then I turned it over...and then I looked at that side...then I turned it over again & looked again...and again...and again. Frankly, I just don't seem to understand why so many guys get so excited over this.

It seems kinda boring & no matter how many times I turned it, the board stayed the same...no bowl...no spindle...no candle stick...nothing. Oh well, there's something for everybody. -Tom

great answer tom:D:thumb::thumb:

...Someone locally told me I should be turning wood, so I tried. I got me a really cool board & I looked at it, and then I turned it over...and then I looked at that side...then I turned it over again & looked again...and again...and again. Frankly, I just don't seem to understand why so many guys get so excited over this.

Great response! Lathes are totally over-rated!!! :rofl: :rofl:

A man after my own heart!