Christmas cards for a Seriously ill child

Ned Bulken

Folks
One of my wife's friends is a volunteer with a local charity, and at this year's party one 'at the time my wife thought terminally' ill young boy (age approximately 9 or 10)was asked by Santa if he wanted anything besides the R/C truck. He said, 'yes, I would like christmas cards from all over the US (& elsewhere if you're so inclined -Ned).

I'd rather not publish the address just in case some weirdo trolls through google etc... so if you'd like to help, drop me a PM and I'll send you the address.

Ned

*note, he is NOT terminally ill. He Is in treatment and is in remission

Last edited:
Thanks for the address Ned. I'll send one from here and I'm going to Indonesia the week after next. I'll try and send him something from there.

Randy

Cards coming from all my family. My wife is taking the address to her school and is going to ask all hew kids and other teachers to send a card. My son is taking the address to his base and asking all his buddies to send one as well.
If all this little kid wants is cards to make him happy then I'm sure that we can swamp him with cards and happy thoughts.

UPdate:

I'm afraid I started something... which snowballed just a bit. According to the news the young man Jacob is in remission and NOT terminally ill as I was told.

He has received to date...

25,000 cards from around the globe. No, that's not a typo. Evidently it hit youtube and has gone global.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/12/internet_rumor_about_ill_mexic.html

Thanks to all who passed the word, HOwever I thought you should know that he is 'merely' ill, not terminally so.

one thing about leukemia...

his may be in remission at the moment, but it is never really gone. my sis in law's mom had it, and it was not the slower of the two types. it hit her hard, then it looked like she had been going into remission, then it rebounded with a vengeance, and within a few weeks she was gone. now he may be doing ok at the moment, and i hope it stays in remission for a good long time, but the thing about leukemia, is that it will be back. no one really knows when.

Terminal or not - the Christmas cards and well wishes from total strangers have to have made a very large and positive impact on the entire family! That many people - that many prayers - has to make a difference! I'm glad I participated.