why i don't do pens

Tim like i said to Allen it just don't seem like much of a challenge. i no a lot of folks do fantasic looking pens. i have the greatest respect for there work,but even while i was turning them i keep thinking i would rather be doing something different.;)

Ah - it sounds like you're largely bored with penmaking. That's fine - if it doesn't suit you, it doesn't suit you.

I find it to be a pleasant thing to do from time to time, barely takes any thought except for the diameter matching at the ends of the blanks. It's a quick fix - something pretty for very little investment of time... and folks seem to like 'em. That's me, though, and it's not expected to be anybody else.

Ah, well. At least... it's something you know you can do when you're called upon to do it.

Those pens look right to me, as many others have already said.

To me perfection is the path not the goal, every step takes you further from where you are, if you give up on that not only will remain at the same place but even go back.
But we must ( if we want to) walk that path, it is an uphill one, not easy, many times discouraging but in the same manner that when we go hiking we look backwards and we are satisfiyed with how far we've gone, we have to look back from time to time to realise how much we have learnt and achieved and that will give us forces to keep on walking that path.

I've done pieces now that I wouldn't even dreamt doing three years ago, and when I look at them I'm not satisfiyed. Each one is a new challenge and each finished is a step on the path.:thumb:

Those pens look right to me, as many others have already said.

To me perfection is the path not the goal, every step takes you further from where you are, if you give up on that not only will remain at the same place but even go back.
But we must ( if we want to) walk that path, it is an uphill one, not easy, many times discouraging but in the same manner that when we go hiking we look backwards and we are satisfiyed with how far we've gone, we have to look back from time to time to realise how much we have learnt and achieved and that will give us forces to keep on walking that path.

I've done pieces now that I wouldn't even dreamt doing three years ago, and when I look at them I'm not satisfiyed. Each one is a new challenge and each finished is a step on the path.:thumb:

Really great words Toni :clap::clap: I think these words should go on a plaque in my shop. :thumb::)

Stephen I wish to echo what everyone has said about those pens. They are darn fine to me. If the doc has an issue tell him you will send them to Canada instead.:thumb:

They look fine to me. Finish could use a bit of work but, then, not everyone likes a high gloss finish.
Styles would not be my choice. But those do sell well, lots of folks do like them.
Don't knock your self, they are fine.

Pete said, in part: "You are making writing implements not pieces for a gallery."
Do not agree completely. Well done, handmade, pens are akin to a piece of jewelry that also writes. A good pen is a compliment to good clothes and the person wearing it.
One customer called my larger pens (Gents, Barons, etc.) "power pens". She is an executive and says when she walks into a board room with one of my pens it commands as much attention as a status symbol such as a Rolex watch.
I get my "writing instruments" from Wal-Mart. My status, jewelry, power, braggin' type writing sticks are hand made with good components and pride.