Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another weekend is here.. whatcha got planned

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Another weekend is here.. whatcha got planned

It's supposed to continue raining through tomorrow. I'll be in the shop as usual. Gotta get this current project done so LOML will have here desk when the new house is finished, then She's got a whole list of stuff she wants for the house. Got a coupla clients that want prices on some custom pieces, one want a duplicate of a dresser I made a while back and the other wants a price on a custom built-in bookcase entertainment center. Normal Sunday morning church and maybe get a chance to take in some of the playoff games. So what yall got planned for the weekend.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Well for me my weekend begins on Friday thanks to a four day work week, but I have not done to much. It is snowing here and while I got some time on my hands for shop stuff, the truth is my mind is really on snowmobiling. With enough snow on the ground now to ride, I am more than ready.

It was a crappy year for snow last winter, and this year has not been great, so this weekend its time to forget about woodworking and get ready to ride. I know this is not woodworking related, but I have not been trail riding on my sled since March 1st of last year so I am pretty cranked up about it.

I need to fill the 100# propane bottle so I can run some heat in my garage/shop. I haven't had a lot of shop time the last several weeks and need to ged rid of some work-related stress. I think I hear some pen blanks calling my name...

Have a good weekend, all.

Cheers,

Kevin

Other than finally getting a chance to get my hair cut, I may spend some time cleaning up my mess in the shop. I've got pieces of cut insulation piled here, piled there. If it clears off, might try to get a few sheets of OSB and start on the lower half of the walls. Will do the lower half, then do the ceiling, then cut and try to use the slotwall material I salvaged from the previous owner, then finish the upper half of the walls. It's supposed to rain Sat, but partly cloudy Sunday. 'Course that will change 3 times by tomorrow morning! Stay warm and dry! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

I think I'll hook up the DC to my RAS. I got the return system installed to pull the carriage back last night.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I plan to do a bit more plumbing of my new DC...got the lower pan installed in my TS last night, so now it's time to run a couple lines and make a few hook-ups. I'll be making a lumber run to pick up materials for four or five new cutting boards (and a chess board) that have been ordered. I'll also probably do a bit more shop organizing and de-kludging.

Of course, that will all happen after I unpack the two boxes that arrived at the office today. My hollowing rig has arrived. Woot!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I've been restoring a Rockwell Homecraft 4" jointer. I have it all apart and I've had it dunked in the caustic tank at the local auto machine shop. I sandblasted the exposed castings and today I warmed up the garage and masked it and sprayed the primer. This weekend I'll shoot the topcoat in auto enamel. I'll also cut out some new gibs for it tomorrow. Hopefully another week and I'll be using it.

cheers

Board of Directors meeting at church for 4 hours on Saturday, two church services a bible study and a pot luck on Sunday. With a little luck I can squeeze a few hours out of that to be in the shop.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Tied up with LOML most of Saturday, but hoping to get finished with the CV install Sunday or Monday. I'm screwing together the pipe and take-offs and sealing with aluminum tape. Still have to install two blast gates, a floor sweep, and make up a collector for the lathe, then hook up the circuit to the service main. I have a 50 amp breaker that is not being used since we changed out the electric cook top for a gas one. Keep your fingers crossed.

Trying to get my wife to talk to me.
    Jim