Thread: Peace/Dove Christmas Tree Ornaments ! !

Peace/Dove Christmas Tree Ornaments ! !

I made 7 of these Peace/Dove Tree Ornaments for some of the special people in my life . Made them of 1/4" Walnut and the pattern came from Rick and Karen Longabaugh in there Holiday Scrollsaw Ornaments Collection of over 500 Heirloom Quality Designs on a CD . You are my complaint Department so tell me your feelings on this project..............Marshall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ORNAMENT - 20096 (Small).JPG   ORNAMENT - 20097 (Small).JPG   ORNAMENT - 20099 (Small).JPG   ORNAMENT - 200911 (Small).JPG  
    Usually Busier than a Cat In A sand Box : Arkansas Red Wolf & Razorbacks Fan

Hi Marshall.

I think they look very good, but I would make the letter smaller and more detached from the dove, as IMHO it is easy to read the word peace but diffcult to see the dove at first glance.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Had to study them for a while to recognize the dove and the word.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

i too agree with needing some separation between the two. perhaps you can have a connection point on each end of the word to get the dove separated some marshall..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I don't think that I can alter the pattern , for this is the way the pattern came and I'm sure no pattern maker for sure . Thanks for the comments.....
    Usually Busier than a Cat In A sand Box : Arkansas Red Wolf & Razorbacks Fan

possibly give the dovesome defination by alittle carving on the perimeter of the dove shape to define the letters from the dove marshall, wouldnt take much
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

A photocopier, and some enlargements and reductions, a bit of cut and paste and there you go, a new pattern.

Don't think it is that difficult Marshall, and in this way you'll be able to add your own personality to the pattern.

Give it a try, and if you don't like, nothing will be lost.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...