Jewerly Box

Ron Roase

My first attempt working with Cherry,a little pricy. But I like the color. Wanted to use Birds eye Maple but was a bit out of my price range. So went with Curly Maple instead. Its kind of a confusing design, but it all came to gether afterseveral days of scratching my head.:huh: Still have to put some Red velvet in the drawer bottoms. Finished with BLO and 3 coats of deft spray. Rubed out with some paste wax.:D:thumb:Maple & Cherry Jewerly Box.JPG

Jewerly Box with Open drawers.JPG

Very beautiful. Lots of unique features on it to compliment. :thumb:
I think you might have regretted choosing birds eye maple. A friend just completed a project with birds eye and is stil cussin' it. A lot of the eye popped out and gave him fits. He filled some and handled the rest with naughty words.

Ron,

Nice work on the design from the latest issue (195) of Wood Magazine! I saw that and thought I might do one also. I like your combinations of materials.

Thanks for all the kind words! I read the artical in my last Wood Magazine about a dozen times before I desided to give it a try. I spent the better part of a week on it. Much use on my bamdsaw and Plainer. Was a great thrill when I put the first coat of BLO on it and that Cherry just poped out.:D:thumb:

Thats really cool Ron.:thumb: I am with Glenn I like those draw fronts with the wavy pulls.

The front design makes the box into more of a piece of art than just a functional nice looking jewelry box.:thumb: