Kicking around thoughts about a TS fence

Jim O'Dell

How much do you think a new in the box, complete 50" rip fence system from a Grizzly G0691 would bring? If the tube was the same size as the Biese, I'd keep it and be able to swap out fences between the 2 saws, once I get the 691 that is. :wave: But it's smaller, so they're not interchangeable. I can buy the Biese long rails for 266.00 shipped, and be able to just move the fence back and forth between the saws, and have 74" rip capacity to boot.
Is this a crazy idea? The Griz fence looks nice, and I've heard no complaints on it, so I'm sure it would work fine for me. Any thoughts either way? Thanks! Jim.

I'd think it'd bring an easy $200 NIB. My second fence was going up for sale at that price, till I gave it away to a kid who'd just got his first table saw with no fence on it. Buddy I know gave him the saw - it was a hurricane-aftermath salvage saw, a PM.

Jim, I did that very thing when I got my Grizzly cabinet saw. That fence was interchangeable with a Biesemeyer. However, it took more than two years for someone to buy it. It fetched $150. The shipping was $40+ to where it went. Seems the thinking was that if it was like a Biesemeyer, and it was new in the box, why was I selling it? The reason was that I already had the Biesemeyer when I bought the Grizzly saw.

Buyers stayed away in droves!

Just sayin'... :dunno:

Thanks for the info Tim. And hey, you done good with your decision!! :thumb:
Carol, that will probably be the kicker in all this. If I decide to try it, I'll basically want it sold by the time the saw gets here so I can order the other rails. I won't be able to sit on a new saw more than a week and not be able to use it!! Which means my question is mostly a pipe dream. But it was a slow Sunday, so why not dream? :rofl:
If the rails were the same size on these two, I'd put the Griz rails (longer) on the Griz saw and use the Biese fence on both, but like I said, I'm not that lucky. Jim.