well here is a differnt aspect??

larry merlau

ok i know this where you have pic's of the neat area you all work in. well here is a differnt look at things, jeff started one about the best part of your shop and this is another thought line.. did or do any of you regret the size of your shop before or after.. nuther words if you made it bigger or smaller did you regret the change.. reasoning in my mind here. i have a small shop and have had things that have lead me towards enlarging it dramatically.. but i keep finding myself doubting my thoughts one day and cant wait to have it the next.. i would like any opinions one way or the other. i think i going crazy:dunno:

I added on a 1000 sq ft 2 1/2 years ago. Never regretted it.
I need another 1000 sq ft. [New office, storage]

larry, no matter how much space you have you`ll fill it! what do you NEED to produce what you want to build? start with you tools.....for case work 8` in and 8` out of each machine is generally enough.......if you`re doing millwork it`s 16` in and 16` out.....then figure out what machines you need.......if the feed paths can exist in the same plane cool, space savings....if not more floor space required...add bench space and fiished goods storage/finishing space......this will give you an idea of where to start.......then double it:D ....if your wife or kids are helping....tripple it.......are ya` broke yet?:rolleyes:

I would love to have more room. We have a spare bedroom behind the garage…er shop wall that I would love to tap into, but LOML won’t have any part of it.
She has no spirit of adventure!

I would love to have more room. We have a spare bedroom behind the garage…er shop wall that I would love to tap into, but LOML won’t have any part of it.
She has no spirit of adventure!

Hmmm. New bookcase in that spare bedroom, with hidden door to shop:huh:

I currently have a 24x32 shop after moving out of a 2 car garage and a basement before that, so I went up in size. Absolutely no regrets. I wish I had made it another 8 ft larger.....

Size wise, I agree with Tod. You will ALWAYS fill it up. Things I would do different though - I think I would have a dedicated finishing area (read enclosed or seperate lean to). I would also love to put my compressor and cyclone outside (with the filter on the inside) to reduce the noise and gain back a bit of space.

Hmmm. New bookcase in that spare bedroom, with hidden door to shop:huh:

I was thinking accidentally hitting the gas instead of the brake:rolleyes:

Since I only have the gar/shop, I'd love to be able to expand. It'll probably mean a move since the development I'm in won't allow detached buildings:(

I was thinking accidentally hitting the gas instead of the brake:rolleyes:

Since I only have the gar/shop, I'd love to be able to expand. It'll probably mean a move since the development I'm in won't allow detached buildings:(

Hey. That would be less work. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hey bruce with your skills, she would never know it changed! from bedroom to shop. just leave the bed for the days when it was warm or if she got annoyed with you. well i had a lengthy discussion today and have decided to go with a expansion, oh and tod got the upgrade running today and your right its like daylight and dark.:D :D :thumb: so the extra room will come in handy.ok fer the ole fart or anyone else:) , finishing room question,, windows for real light or closed in with artifical light? both?

hey bruce with your skills, she would never know it changed! from bedroom to shop. just leave the bed for the days when it was warm or if she got annoyed with you. well i had a lengthy discussion today and have decided to go with a expansion, oh and tod got the upgrade running today and your right its like daylight and dark.:D :D :thumb: so the extra room will come in handy.ok fer the ole fart or anyone else:) , finishing room question,, windows for real light or closed in with artifical light? both?

Both if possible