Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unemployment in the USA

Unemployment in the USA

Thought some of you might find this interesting given there are many out there that are unemployed at this time. I think it helps somewhat to remove any potential self blame when you see how catastrophic this is. There is comfort in knowing you are not alone.

http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html

Just a notem this was sent to me and i have no knowledge of its accuracy and no way to check all this data so take it for what its worth. Still scarry.
    cheers

It is probably pretty accurate. But there are some caveats to use in looking at it. Fer'instance, Iowa looks like pretty low unemployment. Keep in mind, there ain't nuttin' in Iowa except corn and hogs. Lotsa wide open spaces with no people to be either employed or unemployed.
    And, in the county where I live, 40% of the people are retired and don't get counted in the statistics.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    It is probably pretty accurate. But there are some caveats to use in looking at it. Fer'instance, Iowa looks like pretty low unemployment. Keep in mind, there ain't nuttin' in Iowa except corn and hogs. Lotsa wide open spaces with no people to be either employed or unemployed.
    And, in the county where I live, 40% of the people are retired and don't get counted in the statistics.
    hey frank we got some great folk in iowa there last name is BOWER and they spin around alot
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    hey frank we got some great folk in iowa there last name is BOWER and they spin around alot
    Iowans
    Out
    Spinning
    Around

Wait...that doesn't spell Iowa...
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Frank-- that is a very valid point... not belittling any area of the country just an keen observation.

This way of presenting data is very vivid and makes it point in an interesting manner.
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

another thing that has been mentioned before is that if you are out of unemployment benefits, your not on the list either.. so you could be considered employed just because your not receiving benefits.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Didn't say they don't have any folks, jest few and fur between.
    I'm not going to insult them too bad their colleges have great track teams and great wrestling teams. They must be well fed on corn fed hogs. I can't out run or out wrassle them, don't want anybody too mad at me.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Thanks for lookin out for us Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Iowans
    Out
    Spinning
    Around

Wait...that doesn't spell Iowa...
    Iowans
    Out Foolin
    With
    A Lathe

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Didn't say they don't have any folks, jest few and fur between.
    I'm not going to insult them too bad their colleges have great track teams and great wrestling teams. They must be well fed on corn fed hogs. I can't out run or out wrassle them, don't want anybody too mad at me.
    Frank, no insult taken...I live is the 'big city' of Des Moines...but I like to get out were people are "few and fur between"

Yes we are fed well on corn and pork too...my daughter will have one of these t-shirts under the tree this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 036_650bk.jpeg  
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

On a more serious note...Iowa's unemployment is lower than most states, but our economy usually tends to start slowdowns late and they last a little longer, or so the news outlets here tell us. So they say our rate will continue to go up a little even after the national average goes down
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    On a more serious note...Iowa's unemployment is lower than most states, but our economy usually tends to start slowdowns late and they last a little longer, or so the news outlets here tell us. So they say our rate will continue to go up a little even after the national average goes down
    We are edging close to politiks here, ye know, talkin' about hogs and such.
    Let's hope the upswing is starting for everyone.